Part 16

I trudged home that day, trying to decide. Oh no, the decision was already made, but my head does this funny thing of second guessing everything I decide. When I got up to my room, I flopped down on my bed. My phone started to buzz so slid my finger to accept it. "Hey""It's Brian" "I know""We need to talk." "Okay""Come over""Okay bye." I ended the call and threw on a jacket. I started walking to Brian's house. I jumped the steps and knocked on the door. He opened it and came outside. "I'm just going to start." he began. "What's going on with you? you start spending all this time with this Danny dude, stop letting me drive you, blow me off for him, what's next Jackie?" I stared down at the pavement. "Say something!" "He was my best friend." "I don't want you seeing him anymore." my head shot up and my mouth dropped.Brian was now ruffling his hair and looking out at the road. "He's my best friend. I haven't had one or even a friend in a very, very long time. I'm not going to drop him because you say to! You know what? who do you think you are telling me who I can and can't see? You aren't my dad!" I shouted at him. "No, but I'm your boyfriend! And I don't trust him around you and you should accept that!" "He's my best friend!" "I'm sorry I don't want you hanging around ugly losers when you have me!" I turned my head sharply and stared at him in aw. "You want to know who I really can't trust? You. I can't believe I ever thought you loved me! You're just a stuck up asshole who needs daddy's money to bail you out. And that's all you will ever be." I spat as I ran down the steps and sprinted down the street.