Part 14

I let my arms run around his neck and pull at his silky hair. I sat up and started to inch closer to him. Danny pulled me into his lap and started to kiss my cheek. I closed my eyes and let his warm fingers sink into my waist. I gave in completely and lost all thoughts of Brian. Just being here, right now, with Danny, was all I was worried about. I totally forgot about the fact that we were sitting on a blanket in my lawn, with cars passing by. After a couple minutes, we parted and I started to pant. I looked around and spotted my beanie on the grass. I quickly grabbed it and pulled it down over my eyes. I held my knees to my chest and realized that we had both been completely silent."Jackie I'm so-" "Ugh Danny" I let out a giant sigh and leaned back to look at the sky. "Why do you have to be so damn irrisitable" I told him. "Umm I guess I was just born like this?" he answered half confused, half joking. "I don't know what came over me I know you're with Brian and-" "Stop. Let's face it, It was always a possibility. Better now than later." I cut him off again. "Should I go?" he started grabbing his books and shoving them into his bag. I grabbed his arm. "You don't have to." I looked him in the eyes. "It will all get sorted out." I reassured him. He had a fearful look in his eyes as I saw him get up and run down the street. That was the last time I would talk to Danny Ege for today.