Chapter Twelve: Good Things Must Come to an End

ATHENA'S POV

"You two aren't leaving this room until you work this out," the host club say, closing the door to a broom closet they had shut us in. Kaoru and I were squashed together as there as no room to move.

"Kaoru, your touching my ass."

"I can't help it, it's so squishy in here."

We struggled for a bit longer until we realised that that just made everything worse, so we relaxed, leaving nothing but silence in a wake. Finally Kaoru breaks the silence.

"So," he says, as if he wasn't sure if he should break the silence of not. "How are your cats?"

"They were cute and cuddly the first night but now they are pests," I answer.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Felix meows at my closed bedroom door at night, wanting my attention, when she finally gets my attention she wants nothing to do with me; Oscar licks my ears when he wants my attention, that's mainly because he has no biscuits; Oscar jumps onto the sink when I'm brushing my hair in the mornings before school and only jumps off when I turn the tap on; and Felix continuously climbs the doors*."

"Holy shit, I'm so glade I didn't take them home with me," Kaoru attempts at humour in this odd situation. I laugh despite of myself, and I look over at Kaoru.

"You know, an attempt at a secret relationship went down the drain," I say. Kaoru nods in agreement.

"Yeah, even though they didn't know we were already together they could tell we had feelings for each other," Kaoru laughs. Than he grimaces. "If you could choose any one of them who figured it out first, I would pick Hikaru; he was onto me the night I gave you the cats."

"Kyouya for me," I answered. "It's almost like he can read minds."

"But the one person who couldn't have figured it out," Kaoru says, grinning at me.

"Is Tamaki," we finish together, bursting into laughter.

"I swear, that boy is such an idiot," I say, still laughing. "He claims to be Haruhi's 'father' but it's obvious that he's in love with her. I don't need Succubi Powers to see that."

"I didn't need Incubi Powers to see that either," Kaoru says. "He makes it obvious to everyone."

We stay like that for a while, laughing so hard that our stomachs hurt. I turned to Kaoru and kissed him, just a sweet peck on the lips and nothing like the way I've kissed the other men I've been with. Kaoru cupped the back of my head and pushed me against the wall, deepening the kiss. We stayed like that for a while, our tongues exploring each other's mouths, before Kaoru moves down my jaw and onto my neck, kissing one of my sensitives spots. I shivered at that and pulled him up again, kissing him on the lips again as I ran my hands through his hair, messing it up.

As suddenly as we kissed we pulled apart, breathing hard.

"Wait - do you think they're still out there?" Kaoru asks, slightly out of breath.

"Only one way to find out," I answer. I grab the doorknob and with my Succubus strength I broke the doorknob off, kicking it open so hard that it hit the wall, perhaps leaving a dent. The hallway in front of the broom closet was empty, spanning as far as the eye could see. I swear this school is huge. "The host club must have left us for privacy," I say, turning to Kaoru. He wasn't responding to me, instead staring down at the broken doorknob on the floor. "What is it?"

Kaoru bends down and picks it up, looking at it before turning to face me. "You could have easily broken us out of there straight away," he says, dropping the doorknob onto the ground. "Why did you do it now?"

I shrugged, grinning. "I've heard that making out in a broom closet is hot. Maybe I just wanted to try it out."

"Seriously?" Kaoru asks, stifling a grin. I nod and laugh, linking my arm through Kaoru's. Kaoru's ginger hair was tousled, his bang that was usually swept on my right was now out of place. I stifled a giggle as he pulled me towards the music room, but he stopped, turning to me.

"You know, they've probably gone outside," he says. "I'll go to the music room and you go outside."

I nodded and untangled my arm from his, pecking him on the lips before walking down the hallway.

KAORU'S POV

I pushed open the host club room and stepped in side, looking around. The club room was empty, except for some tea cups on some tables and rose petals on the floor. They must have gone outside.

As I turned to go back outside, I heard someone say with a strong British accent like Athena's, "So there are people here."

I turned to see a boy around Mori's age with black hair, pale skin and brown eyes. He was wearing an outfit similar to mine, but his sweater was white, not black. He was lounging on the couch behind me, his feet propped up on the couch as he grinned at me. The thing that caught my attention were his eyes: the irises were a deep chocolate colour, but his pupils were fiery red. I remembered something that Athena had told me, about red pupils. The Dark Fay had red pupils whilst the Light had regular.

"You're a Dark Fay," I realised, stepping away. The man stood up, walking over to me as he squinted. His face was so close to mine that our lips were almost touching. Up close the red pupils look more like blood and fire mixed together.

"You're an Incubus," he says, grinning. He stood back and spread his arms out as if he wanted a hug. "That's just perfect!"

"Huh?"

"Come with me," he says, touching my arm. His skin was ice cold, and I shivered.

"Why?" I asked.

"We Incubi must stick together, Light or Dark," he says.

"Wait - you're an Incubus?"

The man nods, his eyes changing colour to a luminous blue, like how Athena's does. "But I can see you aren't Awoken yet. If you come with me I can Wake you and teach you everything you need to know about our kind."

"But I don't even know you."

"Oh, pardon me," the man says, bowing. "My name's Quinn. Quinn Meyer."