37. Lost in your eyes

Taehyung Pov:

I was outside in the kitchen trying to figure out what I could give him to eat.
"What do people like him eat?" I asked myself while rubbing the back of my head frustrated. This whole caring about someone wasn't really my thing. I never thought that it would ever be but I guess here we are. There wasn't really much I could use to make a proper meal because devils don't really eat. We get our energy out of the fear of humans. Usually we only eat actual food out of fun so there was nothing that would be good for him in that condition and I also wasn't really any good if it came to cooking.
"Maybe there is still some ramen or so in the cabinets." I searched all the cabinets and was able to find one pack of soup. It wasn't the best but at least something. I warmed it up in the microwave with some hot water and decided to walk back to my room.
"How could I make him trust me? I don't even know if I can trust myself with this whole situation. And also...how could I trust him. He is terrified." After a deep breath I pushed the handle down and entered the room.

" After a deep breath I pushed the handle down and entered the room

The kid was still laying in my bed with his eyes closed. I placed the soup on the desk and walked up to him. The IV was already empty so I placed my hand on his and gently pulled the needle out. That made him flinch and he ripped his eyes open. Guess he wasn't sleeping that deep anymore. He scooted to the very back of the bed so he would be as far away from me as possible. His hands started shaking right away and he threw his arms around himself. As if he could protect himself like that. I placed the soup before him and waited for him to eat but he would move.
"Eat it. You have lost weight." I told him but still nothing. All he did was staring at me and than at the food in front of him. I rolled my eyes and took the spoon next to the plate. I took a big spoonful and ate it in front of him so he knew that it wasn't poisoned or anything.
"Eat it already." I commanded and after that he slowly reached his hand out and took the soup without looking at me.

He took the first spoon with shaky hands but I could see him looking better already after just a couple of bites

He took the first spoon with shaky hands but I could see him looking better already after just a couple of bites. I could tell by his expression that he was in a lot of pain while eating but he still tried to ignore it because he was so hungry. It was hard to admit it even to myself but I felt so bad and I was so upset. His weak and small hands held the spoon unstable while most of the food on it dripped down again. He slowly opened his mouth and pressed his eyes together every time the warm got in contact with his bruised lip. His hair was a mess and his clothes were dirty again. The whole person looked like a huge mess but I could still get lost in his dark brown eyes all day. He carefully lifted his head a bit and glanced up at me. Just for a slight second to check if I was up to anything and then went back to eating again. This one second was just enough for me to lose my mind again. His eyes were like a whole universe. They weren't as shiny as they used to be but I could still see the person hiding behind them. The person I destroyed. His precious soul.

It was hypnotizing me

It was hypnotizing me. I wanted to make him feel better. I wanted him to be happy and smile. What even has gotten into me? I need to stop asking myself that question because there is nothing I can do about it. I wanted to be near him. I wanted to hold him and make him trust me. I wanted to be there for him and be the person he always tells everything. I wanted to know more about him. Even if it sounds selfish and absurd but I wanted to be a part of his life.

 Even if it sounds selfish and absurd but I wanted to be a part of his life