Chapter 17: Mother

Zachary
Maybellen father wants to speak to me alone in his office. Of course, I'm going, why wouldn't I?

I strolled to his office. On the 3rd floor. Then I knocked on his door once I arrived. He opens his Chestnut door and he smirks as he fixes his blue tie.

He lets me in and I saw my mother sitting down on his black couch.

What the hell is going on?

2 bodyguards block the door, Arthur snickers and leaves the room.

My mother stands up and puts both of her hands on the desk, leaning against it.

"You know Zachary, did you know why I left?" She asked me as she flips her hair off her chest.

I stood tall and looked at her. I tried my best to not show any emotion.

"I am only 38 now, but I was 20 taking care of you with Charles. Your father was always working out of state, so I practically took care of you by myself." She ranted as she place her mini bag down.

"I wasn't ready to be a mother, but I didn't want to do an abortion because I wanted to see you be a great man. You caused me so much stress for 17 years Zachary! I could've been a nurse like how I always dreamed." She screamed at me, turning around.

Her eyes were filled with anger, I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

"You never told me you loved me when you were little-" she trembled.

"Because you would hit me every day and yell at me for the tiniest things!" I hollered at her.

She inhaled as she walks away from the desk.

"I was stressed and confused. Your father was never here! Do you understand how hard it is raising a child when your parents never provided you love?" she questions me.

I licked my lip while I was peeling my finger skin.

"You always asked, where's Papa? Where's Dad, where's Father? All the fucking time!" She raged, kicking a chair with her blue heels.

"When you turn 16, I met Xavier turning the Mafia ball. He gave me the love your father was never able to provide me with-" She noted but was interrupted by me as she glared at me.

"You left me by myself most of the time, you would lock me outside the backyard with nothing to punish me. You would scream at me because I spilled water, you would yell at me when I didn't fit your expectation and you still wanted me to like you. Then you left me a year ago, leaving me by myself in the house alone! "I shouted at her making her eye twitch.

"You little shit!" She growled throwing a cup at me.

Suddenly I'm nine years old again.

"You ruined my life!" She cried as her breath becomes shaky.

My eyes filled with tears as I bit the inside of my cheek to avoid crying.

"You know what I needed, was my two parents to love me. The fact dad was never here hurt me as much as it hurt you. All I needed was a mother who treated me decently!" I thundered at her making her speechless.

"Do you know how much that affected me when you left me? I was never happy, but you just made my mental health worse. You were supposed to comfort me when I was sad, instead, you made it worse." I growled at her.

"I tried my best! I was trying to become happy but your father... never mind." She mumbled.

"Say it!" I yelled at her making her glare deepen.