CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

- Why me?

Before I opened my eyes, I shut them tightly, feeling pain in every part of my body.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around myself, I was in a dark and unknown room.

Glancing at my hand, I found it bandaged.

And the memories started pouring down upon me, making my breath uneven and sobs started escaping my trembling lips

"Oppa..." I cried out with closed eyes, warm tears flowing down my cheeks, my head was hurting so bad and I asked God why am I still alive.

Why didn't I just drown earlier?

My breath hitched when suddenly the door creaked open, revealing an old lady.

She passed me a smile before walking towards me and I looked down, I did not want to protest nor fight back.

Not anymore.

I accepted my faith.

That I was weak.

And powerless.

"Hey, you didn't eat anything?" The woman asked, pointing towards the tray of food kept aside, I had not noticed it before because I was too busy bawling my eyes out.

I kept quiet and looked away, "Listen, you have to eat" She insisted, tapping my shoulder.

"I don't want to." I replied, even though I was dying out of hunger because I haven't eaten anything for long.

"You are...Jin's Sister right?.... Y/n?" She suddenly asked after some minutes of silence.

I looked at her with my teary eyes, "Your brother was a great person." She spoke and more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Oh and I'm Martha..initially from the U.S........your brother once saved my life. I work here as a spy." She informed and my eyes widened.

"I finally have the chance to repay him. I'm here to help you escape." She spoke on her own, pulling the food from the tray close to me.

"Come on. We don't have much time. You have to eat fast and then I will help you escape." She said, and I pushed the plate away.

"I don't want to escape," I said simply.

"Y/n. Leehom is a monster. He is going to burn you alive whole." She spoke again with her shrill voice.