Chapter 9: Hatred

Damien remembers a few things from the last time he saw Pip: his smile, his eyes, his soft glowing hair, his soft warm skin, and the way he was so caring. However, the thing that Damien remembered the most was his heartbeat, his soft, calm heartbeat, keeping a steady, calm pace, despite what was about to happen to him. He was calm, hugging Damien close and tight, telling him that he was going to miss him and that he loved him. He held Damien's face close to his, and Damien wanted to kiss him so much, but he knew that he would burn him if he did. Pip was too nice to be burned; he loved him too much to do that to him.

Damien wanted Pip to stay; he wanted Pip too, if not his lover, then at least his best friend. However, his 'actual' lover was clearly favored over him by his father. Whatever she said goes now, under the only justification that, "They're your future wife. You need to make them happy."

Damien didn't like his father all that much before. You could say that it was because of teenage angst, but in reality, it was because of stunts like these, and he just never bothered to bond with Damien. To his father, Damien was only important because he was the future heir, but other than that, he was nothing. So Damien didn't like him, but now, he hated him. 'I'm going to put him in a home when he gets too old to take care of himself,' Damien would think every time he saw his father.

Damien was miserable, and it affected the whole castle. Maids and butlers were sad; the food was horrible because Cathryn insisted that she made dinner every night, and she yelled at Kelly, Stella, and especially Willow. It reminded Damien of how Cartman would yell at Kyle; sure, he didn't know much about the boys, but their arguments were ingrained in his head. Those fights were a little funny, but unlike those fights, these were not funny; they were just arguments, nothing funny about them.

At least when Cartman and Kyle fought, they were already friends and, in the end, were still friends. But Cathryn and Willow were not; in fact, they were enemies. Damien found the whole thing stupid and unfair. Kelly had tried to comfort him; she was always nice, but Cathryn threatened her. Kelly just gave her a 'shame on you' look and walked away. Stella also tried to help, but the same thing happened.

Damien only had one person to comfort him, and that was Cerberus. They also didn't like Cathryn; she would hit him on all three heads with a newspaper every time they would try to show affection to anyone. In her mind, Cerberus should be a disciplined, loud, vigilant dog. Cerberus didn't like her at all; they wanted Pip to come back and play with him. Pip just wanted them to be themselves. A happy, sweet, fun, giant dog. Pip was fun to play with, but Cathryn was not, not that she would even give them the time of day to play.

Cerberus would wait at the pet room's door, with his favorite, shiny, red ball, waiting for Pip to come back and play with him; he had gotten used to it, but he never came. He would pull Damien to where Pip used to sleep. Damien knew that in their own way, they were asking where Pip was. Damien didn't know how to tell them Pip wasn't coming back.

Pip used to sometimes let Cerberus sleep with him in his room; Cathryn took away their dog bed and makes them sleep outside. Pip gave them some of his food, which was delicious chicken and pasta, etc. Cathryn sometimes forgets to feed him and gets mad when anyone goes into the pet room during work hours. Everyone wants to help them, especially Damien, but they can't, because of Cathryn. Cerberus hated Cathryn, and that is impressive because Cerberus loves everyone. Damien saw all of this which only increased his hatred for Cathryn.

But his father wouldn't listen. So now he was forced to look for suits. Why? Because he was getting married in a few days, 4 days before his birthday, to that asshole of a lady. Damien was not happy; he tried to make the whole thing more bearable by pretending he was about to marry Pip. But Pip would never yell at him for picking something he didn't like, nor would he use Damien's father as a weapon to get his way. Nor was he money, power, or food-hungry. Yes, the last one is serious; she eats her food like she is in a food-eating contest. Not that's bad, but she ends up spraying people with bits of chewed-up food, and then she yells at people who ask her to stop.

By doing this, she had gained a lot of weight; now she was never really a skinny girl, which is fine. Damien couldn't care less, but now, if Damien didn't hate her, then he would have taken her to a doctor. However, he didn't care; she could have a diabetic shock for all he cared. Perhaps if she died, then he wouldn't have to marry her....Perhaps if he died, he wouldn't have to marry her, but knowing Cathryn, she would tell Pip, and he could be tortured with the knowledge that the love of his life was dead. Damien didn't want him to have to live with that.

All Damien wanted was to be with Pip again, to see his eyes, hair, and smiles, but most importantly, to hear his heartbeat again, his soft, calm heartbeat. That's all he wanted....

-What y'all think?

-Word Count: 969