Part 16: War of Change

If the option to burn down everything, the compound and its occupants included, and run away with Porsche were a viable one at the moment; Kinn would probably take the opportunity without hesitation. As morbid and demented as that sounded to anyone but him, it was the only thing to assuage the level of paranoia that filtered into his mind over everything that had transpired a moment ago. Why did the universe deem it fit to ruin every small happiness that he coveted for himself? Was he so unfitting and undeserving to have it? Had he killed, maimed, and tortured too many?

It was a possibility; but Kinn figured it just came with the territory of being a mafia thoroughbred? Expectation with the title.

Chan came to collect them from his suite, after he had a mind-blowing sex session with Porsche after so long of being celibate and not really knowing one another's intentions, only to implicate the man he had just professed his love for of trying to murder him. How did any of that make sense? Porsche, for his part, was seething silently beside him and wasn't bothering to rebuttal or defend himself.

That put Kinn unconsciously on edge too. He backtracked to when they met to see if there was any indication at all that there was a hint of betrayal. Granted, Kinn had been the one to go and practically stalked Porsche at the bar, charming the iridescently feisty bartender into his arms and playing his escort. The series of events that followed were not entirely within his control. More questions than answers and the frown on his face was permanent.

Is Chan and his father indicating that Porsche might have been a plant job from the get-go? How? Why? To get to him?

Thus, the brainchild of tearing down the foundation that housed the cruelest of memories, the harshest of isolating punishments, and now the accusation being presented to them was better than this obscenely awkward silence that hovered. A cloud of uncertainty as he sat at one end of the chessboard table, opposite his father, and a chair beside him for Porsche. The two of them were barely able to get dry and dressed as they were shuffled to make their star appearance in front of his father. Kinn's hair continued to drip into the nape of his dress shirt, irritated that he couldn't even be in comfortable clothing like pajamas as the possibility was foreign to his father. 'Image was everything' in their line of business and life it appeared. What he wouldn't kill to just toss all his designer clothing into a bin, pour gasoline, and set it on fire.

His entire life dictated by appearances, and it irritated him that a moment of vulnerability with Porsche would be taken from him too. The elder clad in slacks, sweater vest and blouse as if he were about to head out instead of heading to bed, Kinn never understood the need to continue the cold façade, but his father never bothered with explanations when he was a kid. Why would that change now?

He took in a breath and released it slowly, closing his eyes as he counted before opening his eyes to peek over into his father's expectantly, "Papa. Why are we here and what is Chan referring to?"

One hand was laced with Porsche's securely, rested atop Porsche's thigh, their seats so close to one another that no one could even stand between them much less separate them. The warmth and solidity of his stubborn mule of a lover was beside him and it gave him strength. He had never been one to confront his father about anything, much less things of a personal nature; therefore, having Porsche at his side was the best thing to push him forward. His lover remained dutifully silent, and he was relieved. They both didn't need to outburst; however, he could see that Porsche was practically bursting at the seams with the desire to go off on his father. He jerked his head in a nod of gratitude for the tongue held.

"Chan. Did you explain to Kinn and Porsche the reason for this meeting?"

"Yes sir. I told him that it was urgent that he meet with you," Chan bowed his head to Kinn before moving to linger at his place next to Korn. His hands behind his back, expression turning stoic and indifferent as he waited for instructions. Kinn mentally rolled his eyes at the 'command dog' behavior.