4: Post Nut Clarity

After Elite admitted she was there when Shinobi and Sarahi were killed, Detective Roland listens to her version of events

After Elite admitted she was there when Shinobi and Sarahi were killed, Detective Roland listens to her version of events. He's trying to give her a fair chance to tell the truth, but within 30 seconds of the story he knows it's a lie.

His only thought is the details don't match the evidence at the crime scene. It's impossible. Elite even tries to ask questions, so she can get particular parts correct about what they know.

"Everything was such a blur. Um, do you know what time you think it happened?" Elite asks.

"The murder? Uh, I'd have to look at the files." She's unable to pry the information from the seasoned law enforcement.

"Well, Shinobi invited me over to his place. I said no at first then I gave in and decided to go."

"Why did he invite you over? Were you two still having dealings?"

"Uhh," she hesitates. "What do you mean? Dealings?"

"Were you still having sex with him?"

"Yes," she admits with reluctance. "We stopped talking a little after the breakup. By the time we started speaking again, he was dating Sarahi," Elite begins to overexplain.

"Let's get back to the day of the murder."

"It wasn't me," she spouts out. "It was Sarahi."

He raises his eyebrows. "How so?"

"I was there at Shinobi's loft that day. He and I were still sneaking around and sleeping together despite him now being with her." She pauses to discreetly roll her eyes. The detective makes a note of that. "I was at his place first. He wanted to see me before he went out of town with her."

"They were supposed to be going to Tulum, correct?"

"I guess so," Elite brushes it off. Almost as if to dismiss the topic of Shinobi's new girlfriend. The jealousy is peeking through. "Then Sarahi showed up in a jealous rage. She must've had suspicions. She walked in and caught us having sex."

"How'd she get in?"

"I guess she had a key. I wouldn't be surprised. Shy gave me one within a few months of knowing me," she shrugs.

"Keep going."

"A shouting match ensues. Of course, Shy and I are rushing to cover ourselves up. I remember her making threats," Elite describes.

"Saying what?"

"I'm gonna make you regret this. Watch! Something like that," she looks up as if trying to remember.

"Then what happened?"

"We noticed before it was too late... Sarahi must've gave the key to the elevator to someone or unlocked the rooftop terrace door. Next thing we know two guys in all black come out of nowhere. One had a gun and the other had a blade. I think they were gang members."