10: Open Wounds

Elite walks out of the county jail wearing a wide smile

Elite walks out of the county jail wearing a wide smile. She was in there for a week, but it felt like the longest time of her life. If she can't do that, imagine her having to go to prison.. For life.

To ensure she didn't walk out in the RIP shirt she came in, her lawyer brought her a different outfit. Now that Supreme's on the case he's about to work overtime to change the public perception of her.

She goes up to Supreme giving him a hug as a thank you. He just finished the press conference where he claims Shinobi and Sarahi's murder was in self-defense.

He came up with the tactic because it's the most viable. Based on the current evidence, the prosecutors can't disprove the theory. All the evidence says is that two people were murdered. It doesn't point to why or how..

Elite agreed trusting and believing Supreme knows what he's doing. She's willing to roll the dice on this because his record as a criminal lawyer is all wins.

Seeing her brother waiting on her, she runs over to him. He spreads his arms with a smile as they embrace one another.

She's hugging him so tight it causes him to say with a strained voice, "I can't breathe."

"I'm sorry," she releases him while fixing his clothes.

Over the last few months Epic looks a lot better. He was on steroids previously that made him gain weight. It didn't help he didn't have enough strength to workout, but he shed all the pounds through his diet. He looks good.

"You know that's already hard enough for me," he jokes. She's glad that Epic can poke fun at himself. And there's a reason for that..

"Before you go," Preme stops her. "You go enjoy your freedom until the trial. I'll call you when it's time for our next meeting. The first thing I did was setup a psych evaluation for you."

"Why?" Her eyebrows scrunch.

"To add to the case I signed you up for therapy and the evaluation. I want to bring the experts on the stand so they can attest to your past trauma. Both from your childhood – your parents dying, being displaced to poverty, etc. Then your relationship with Shinobi. We'll try and get a diagnosis of PTSD or something to show you were effected by the abuse in the relationship. Builds more reason for self-defense."

It makes sense, but Elite has to be honest if she wants the best representation as possible. She clears her throat saying, "I already have a therapist..."

"You do?" It's the first time Supreme looks up from his phone the entire conversation.

"Yeah, I've been going to her on and off since a kid. My grandmother made both me and my brother go after our parents died. I kept going, especially in those really hard times of my life."