10. Promises.

"Why are you leaving me if I didn't do anything wrong ?! I thought you loved me." Y/N screamed.

"I do love you, I just-" S/O started.

"YOU JUST WHAT ?!" Y/N cut S/O off, their eyes brimmed with tears.

"I just can't commit to a relationship right now." S/O mumbled out as they fiddled with their fingers.

"How.. Why ?" Y/N fell to the ground.

"It's just.. how it is.." S/O winced and knelt down beside Y/N

"But we've.. we've been together for a year. A whole year." Y/N cried, wiping the tears from their face.

"I know.. It's my fault. I should've told you earlier.." S/O whispered into Y/N's ear.

"Why can't we just try.."

"Cause we can't.. I need to grow first and I don't want you to hold me back," S/O kissed Y/N's forehead.

"But.."

"No buts love, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

That only made Y/N feel worse cause they didn't want to lose S/O. They've known each other for a few years now and Y/N has always seen S/O as someone in their life forever. They were hurting, they didn't want to let S/O go.

"You promised.. you.."

"I know I did but I just can't.. Not right now anyways."

"So we can try in the future ?"

"Baby.. no.. I can't promise that, I don't want to break your heart again," S/O said with said eyes.

"But.."

"No. No more buts. My decision is final." With that, S/O backed away from Y/N.

It had hurt them just as much as it hurt Y/N but they had to keep a strong face in front of them. S/O knew if they faltered, they would immediately regret their decision and stay with Y/N. It hurt but it was the only way they could grow. It was the only way they can find themself.

"No. Stop. Don't go," Y/N cried out, it hurt so much. They wanted it to stop. They wanted everything to stop at that very moment. They couldn't breathe, couldn't process. The pain was too much.

S/O didn't say anything else. They just stood up, got their stuff and left, leaving Y/N crying on the floor.

Once S/O was out the door, they started to cry. They hurt Y/N even after they promised to never hurt them or break their heart. It hurt them too but it hurt more to see Y/N cry. It was never their intention to hurt Y/N but they were in such a bad mental state that they felt like they were losing it. It hurt but it had to be done.

Meanwhile, Y/N had stopped crying. They felt numb to it all. They got up and went to bed, hugging their favourite hoodie. The hoodie that S/O had given them after they got together.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Rushed, I wonder why.

- cass :)