Prologue

"Look, I don't fit in anywhere. Not at my old school, not with my own kind, and certainly not here," I said to him.

"I know it's hard for you but you can't go with him. He's dangerous," he replied.

"But he's just like me. Maybe if I go with him then I'll finally find a place where I can fit in."

"I don't trust him. I need you here with me where I can keep you safe," he said, his eyes glowing golden.

"I can take care of myself. Why don't you find some other girl to lie to? I'm sure she'll appreciate it more than I do," I snapped, jumping into the water. I felt myself transform as I swam away into a world unknown.

~~~~

Nadia was a small town girl. She lived in a small town called Shallow Hill in the state of Florida. She lived with her mother and went to Orange Grove Middle School. She didn't have any friends and would rather read a book than make some. Nadia was just a normal teenager. Or so she thought. Her whole life changed when she turned 13 and a dark secret about herself was revealed to her. She's a mermaid! She gets taken out of school and sent off to a world she never knew existed. She begins to live with her father she never knew she had and with her new family that hates her.

 Now at 17 her father, king of the sea, sends her to a special private school for other "mythical creatures"called Charm Myth High School. But she's the only mermaid and has to struggle to survive. During her quest to find out where she belongs, she makes new friends and enemies. Oh and she falls in love with someone her father does not approve of. A rough, in-your-face werewolf. But everything changes when she meets a boy with a mysterious past. Does true love win out in the end? Or will she break down and swim away for good?