Chapter 11

12/10/13

Nadia's POV

"I can not believe how uncool my father was being," I said to Kimmy and Veronica. "He saved my life!"

"Look Nadia, maybe your dad was right to be overprotective. It's Zeke after all. I don't trust the guy either," Kimmy said.

"I don't really like Zeke either. He doesn't really talk to me but he's not really nice, " Veronica said.

"Well he is nice to me guys. And who knows maybe he has changed from the guy you know him to be," I told them.

As we continued walking down the hallway, I noticed how everyone seemed to be avoiding us. I had no idea what was going on but they seemed to be afraid of me. And even some of them looked sorry for me. What was going on?

"Hey have you guys noticed how no one wants to walk near us? " I asked.

"Hold on. Everyone be quiet, do you guys hear that? "Kimmy said.

"Don't forget we can't hear as well as you," Veronica said.

"Well Zeke and Adrianna are fighting over something but I'm not quite sure what it is," Kimmy replied.

As we turned around the corner, everything got louder. I saw Adrianna yelling at Zeke, her face blazing red.

"Why the hell were you with her!? And don't lie to me Zeke. I can smell the fish on you. You were with her last night weren't you? "Adriana said.

"Calm down. I was with Nadia last night because I was helping her," Zeke said calmly.

A blush grew on my cheeks as I realized everyone was staring at me. At that moment I wanted to be as far away from their conversation as possible. I really didn't want Adrianna lashing out at me because believe it or not she actually did scare me.

"You were helping her? With what? Finding a new fuck buddy? Let that whore fuck someone else and stay out of our relationship!" Adrianna screamed.

I let the words sink in, tears forming in my eyes. She had no clue what I'd been through last night. Before my emotions could get any worse, I turned around and sprinted through the students in the hallway. I ignored the calls from Veronica and Kimmy. Right now I just wanted to be alone.

I ran right to the locker room and threw my stuff down. I burst through the doors to where the pool was. I didn't care that class hadn't started yet. I just jumped right in and felt myself transform.

I swam down to the bottom of the pool and just let the rocking of the water calm me. I was sick and tired of being an outsider. All I wanted was to fit in and make some friends. Why did there always have to be people who hated me.

I started singing to try to get my emotions out. I don't know why but singing always makes me feel better no matter what situation I'm in.

A drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven

"Hey what's wrong?" a small, high pitched voice asked. I opened my eyes to see a small guppy in front of me and screamed.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered. I wasn't expecting anyone to be in the pool at this time. I honestly thought I was alone, singing about my deep, personal feelings. Guess I was wrong.