Chapter 8

8/13/13

Nadia's POV

"I am so sorry!" I said as I processed what just happened. I had just ran into a girl who looked furious. "I am still getting used to my legs."

She looked up from the stain of peanut butter and jelly on her shirt to my face. "Who the hell do you think you are!?" she asked as her face turned bright scarlet.

"Nadia," I whispered. I wasn't sure she heard me but the next thing she said make me realize she had.

"Well Nadia, you don't come into my fucking school and spill your shit all over me!" she said. She spit my name out like venom. I was terrified.

"I-I could fix that for you if you want," I stuttered. It was then when I realized the whole cafeteria grew quiet and everyone was staring at us.

"No bitch you're going to pay for this," she said putting her pointer finger on my chest.

I was completely speechless. How was I supposed to reply to that? Luckily I didn't have to because Kimmy came to my rescue.

"Actually Adrianna you're the bitch here. Since you know you are a were," Kimmy said. Oh so she's a werewolf. The girl, Adrianna apparently, scoffed slightly and turned toward Kimmy.

"I don't need a bloodsucker correcting me! Especially not a British scumbag like you," Adrianna replied. Kimmy's eyes changed from electric blue to a bright red.

"What did you say to me!?" Kimmy said, her voice suddenly demonic. A smirk appeared on Adrianna's face. She was obviously enjoying the reaction she was getting from Kimmy.

"Now, now ladies," Veronica said, placing herself in between Kimmy and Adrianna. "There's no need to fight."

"Oh so now the retarded witch has something to say!" Adrianna said looking annoyed. Veronica's eyes began watering as the liquid substance slid down her cheeks. Kimmy went over to comfort her but still looked pissed.

"Don't you dare talk about Veronica like that! I will rip your throat out!" Kimmy shouted. Her voice echoed around the room, since everyone was still silent. Lunches were untouched as every eye was on us, even the lunch ladies'.

"Wow. I guess that's why your parents gave you up. You just don't know how to control that temper of yours," Adrianna teased. All of the color in Kimmy's face drained. She looked paler than normal.

"Shut up!" Kimmy hissed. Her eyes remained red but all the fierceness in her voice was gone.

"What are you trying to hide Kimmy? It's not like your freak friends would care about your secrets. Especially not fish girl over there," Adrianna commented.

That was when something inside of me snapped. I had never felt this way before. At my old school when people made fun of me, I could handle it. I just zoned them out. But that was because I knew I was different. Now Adrianna was teasing the only friends I've ever had and she was using my "secret" against me. No one calls me fish girl!

"Look dog breath! You can make fun of me, but you can not make fun of my friends! Just leave them alone and calm your ass down! So I tripped and got my lunch all over you. But who the fuck cares? I offered to fix it and you just bitched about it. Just shut up!" I shouted at her. She was speechless. And I was too! I had never used language like that before. I pushed by her "accidentally" bumping into her shoulder roughly. I grabbed Kimmy and Veronica by their wrists and directed them out of the cafeteria towards the library. As soon as the doors shut behind us I let them go.

"What the hell was that?" Kimmy asked. Her eyes were now back to electric blue, the anger swept clean out of them.

"I have no idea," I said truthfully as I slid down the wall until I was on the ground and my knees were against my chest.