Part 5*

One Week Later
I rolled out the bed. Sweat covering my body. "Damn girl! You know how to break me!" I opened the cabinet drawer beside Cedric bed and pulled out a blunt and lit it. I drew in smoke and then handed some to Alicia. She blew it out handing it back to me. "Loren I'm scared." I looked back at Alicia. Her face held fear and unsureness.. Something I remember seeing in my mom's face the night she died.. "Look. You've helped me through the hardest time in my life. Without you this past week I don't know how I would have made it.. I mean with my mom being shot in front of me it took a lot out of me." At that moment I laid back down and faced her. "I won't let anything happen to you.. Me and you will get through this and we can come home together." She messaged my head in her hands. "Loren.. You are the most beautiful man I ever met. Your kind and considerate and I want to love you for ever... Here have this..." At that moment she went underneath her pillow and handed me a small metal chain with a ring placed around it. She placed it around my neck and she kissed me. "Remember L... I'll always be your girl." I laughed smiling and I kissed her again. For the first time in a week I was happy and hopeful. And the memory of my parent's death was far from my mind. The evil memory became nothing but a horrible nightmare and I was now in a sweet dream. At that moment the door opened and Cedric walked in. "I done told you to about doing the bump and boogie in my bed! Now get yall clothes on and get yall asses downstairs so we can get this over with. And when we get back, you washing my damn sheets! Oh and another thing it better not be one white stain on my sheets off I'm kicking yo black ass!" Cedric slammed the door and me Alicia laughed and got dressed.