chapter 1

Hobi POV :

I was sitting in my office working on my computer. I stole a glance at my daughter who was sitting on the sofa in my office, busy playing games on my phone.

I had a lot of work so I was going home late. This had become a routine goddamnit. I couldn't keep doing this to Aurora.

I had to give her my time and help her with certain things. I had to be a good father figure for her. I couldn't send her to daycare because she had grown up into an eight-year-old. She had a lot of homework to do, studying and extra activities as per the curriculum these days.

Guess I had no choice but to hire a babysitter for Aurora. Of course, I was going to be very specific and strict about it as my darling Aurora never got along with anyone. I called my secretary about the arrangements. He handled all my other work when I was occupied with something else.

The Next Day

I was sitting on my office seat, interviewing people to hire a babysitter. I didn't interview the person until they interact with Aurora, test of compatibility you could say. It was necessary to know what impact they had on my daughter.

I noted their first impression on my Aurora and then asked them questions related to babysitting. Strict interviewing was again necessary since people are so vile these days.

Y/n POV :

I recently heard there was a multi-millionaire businessman who needed a babysitter. I was going to be interviewed for it. I lost my previous job and had been looking for a new job ever since. I was an orphan and lived alone so I needed to feed myself instead of starving to death.

I was in a financial crisis so I really need this job. The good part was that I loved kids and had always been excellent at handling them so this seemed like a golden opportunity for me. I walked to the address that has been provided. Luckily it wasn't too far from my rented apartment.

I reached the place and glanced at how huge the building was. I was praying to god to get this job. I calmed myself and asked the receptionist for the way to Mr Jung's office and she guided me, professionally. I gave her a slight bow of appreciation and walked towards his office.

I knocked on the office door twice resulting a calm voice asking me to enter the room. I walked inside and gazed the room but a child gathered my attention.

A very cute and little child she was. I walked towards her and waved my hand forgetting what was my purpose to come here. She tilted her head and giggled in response. I stared at her in awe.

"Hello dear, I'm Y/n." I introduced myself softly.

"Hi Y/n, I am Aurora." she replied with a wide smile spreading upon her face.

"How are you Miss Aurora?" I asked, ruffling her velvety hair.

"I am fine." she said maintaining the smile on her face.

"What do you like Aurora?" I asked, being interested to know more about her.

"I like to play games and dance." she replied grinning playfully.

"I have plenty of fun games we can play." I offered in a flexing manner.

"Really?" she seemed surprised.

"Yes, I promise I will play with you." I said, passing her a polite smile.

"I want a pinky promise." she lifted her pinky finger.

I giggled like a kid and held her pinky finger in mine earning a charming smile from her which pierced through my heart.

"Dad, I like her." she pointed at me while looking in the other direction.

I realised that her father was also present there. A knot built up in my stomach due to embarrassment. I just couldn't control myself from interacting with Aurora. God, please don't make that a bad impression to him.

"So you are miss Y/n Y/l/n ?" he asked formally.

"Yes sir." I replied with a nod.

"Have a seat." he pointed at the chair across his table.

I settled down nervously and finally looked at Mr Jung's face. He had a unique facial structure combined with a light smile on his face which resembled sunshine. He seemed to be just my type. Y/n focus, you have to get this job and save yourself from starvation.

After The Interview

Hobi POV :

She seemed quite good at interacting with my daughter and the most important thing was my daughter liked her. When we went back home Aurora kept asking for Y/n so I smiled at her.

"Darling she will play with you tomorrow for sure." I said assuring her.

"You sure?" she asked with a pout.

"She made a pinky promise right? She will come." I said which relieved Aurora.

I called my secretary and asked him to inform Y/n that she had been hired and will be picked up from her house tomorrow. I also told him to give her all the necessary details. She needed to know that she would be staying with us and some other important things too.

To be continued...