Next Step

Chapter 5:

Kinn gulps down the whiskey and sits impatiently on the stool beside Porsche's bed. He had sent the bullet for inspection. It had not passed any bones or organs fortunately. He was glad that he had pushed him on time. The bullet proof vest had also helped.

'Transfer him to my room. I'll take care of him. And no need to inform Porchay as of now. Arrange something for Porchay. Speak to Kim. Ask him to take him for a trip or something.'

Pete bows and moves out hurriedly.

The medical bed was placed beside Kinn's. He sat beside Porsche's still body, noticing his features. The golden light of his room highlighted his nose peak, the mounts of his soft eyes, the border of his lips. His lips had lost colour.

There was a low rustle. He had slightly moved his right arm.

'You awake Porsche?'

A slight head movement indicated he was indeed conscious.

'You like music? I can play the violin.' Kinn unlocks his almirah and pulls out his violin case. He hurriedly unzips it, revealing a delicately beautiful instrument. But the real beauty of the instrument came from its strings. Its true beauty was felt through its strings. The way the bow stroked and moved on its strings created a godly symphony. Kinn was extremely good with the instrument.

Done with a short piece, he sat by Porsche again. A very faint sound was leaving his lips. Kinn bent forward to listen, but didn't get it. He got his ear close to his lips.

'Talk now.'

'Play that again. It's beautiful.' Kinn could make out his words.

'I will. I only know this piece. I will.'

He works on the instrument again. The tune got even more melodious. Every note striking its presence perfectly. He touches Porsche's arm gently.

'Are you feeling alright?'

He gets his ear closer to his face, 'It hurts.', muffled words came out.

'It will. You are under anaesthesia, so you feel this way. We will take care of you, don't worry.'

He was about to leave but stops. 'Porchay is fine. Don't worry. I promise, he will be fine. You get better.'

'POORRsche!!!' Tankhun strides into the room in his bathrobe, followed by Jom and Pol, both very nervous. He looks at Porsche, then at Kinn, and hits him with the water bottle he was holding.

'You jerk! You took him from me and got him shot! I like him! He should live!!'

'He will get better soon. He isn't serious.'

'Looks serious to me. He isn't moving. I couldn't even spend more time at his bar!! I was waiting for him to take me!'

'He can hear you. He will take you when he is fine.'

Tankhun frowns. 'And then you will punish him again. You are mean!'

He looks at the violin. 'OH MY GOD KIIINN!!! You were playing? You are the best! Why did you stop? You will play for me, won't you?'

'I will, but not right now, I already played twice.'

'You played for Porsche! AWWW!! That's a good sign!!'

'Please leave him alone for now. He is in lot of pain. I'll play something soft for him to relax.'

Tankhun leaves the room giggling, Pol and Jom followed him out.