Raids

Chapter 15:

Therayul was as much stunned as he was impressed by what he was hearing from Kinn.

'Pa, we contacted Vegas sometime after you rejected his plea for help from your side, and we had Kate here. We used his desperation to gain respect in our favour. Vegas had already won ZX's little faith by informing him of what was going on between the two families. Then ZX gave him a task to prove his worth.'

'To bring Kate to him?' Therayul interrupts.

'Yes. And he discussed the whole plan with Pete and me. We did not let the plan out because we were certain that a mole was definitely among us. Now we know that it was Jake. We planned to make Pete seem like an unfaithful Therayul to make Kate's kidnapping a believable story. It was all a part of the plan. Vegas and Pete both kept their promise, and we are successful now.'

'But what is left ahead for Vegas? Whose side is he taking? Him betraying his father is unlikely. Maybe he used us to clear ZX and get into Tharif's good books.' Therayul says.

'Maybe he did, but we have Porsche. He has authority over everything he owns.'

'So, you mean to say Porsche will claim everything he has?'

There was silence. Porsche was standing in a corner this whole time, still feeling nothing but stuck here in this mess again.

'We have not thought of that yet. That will be done according to what Tharif plans.' Kinn says.

'Porsche needs to be careful now. We don't know if there is another mole here among us, but I am half sure that there is. Order everyone here to be extra careful with everything. Whatever Tharif is thinking of right now, he definitely wants Porsche and Porchay dead.'

Porsche looks at Kim, who was standing beside Kinn. He swallows hard as their eyes meet. He was more scared of Chay's life than his own. He trusted Kim.

************************************************************************

Vegas sat at the corner of the bed, eating noodles with his good hand. Pete sat in another corner busily texting Kinn about what all that had happened.

'You are such a loyal bodyguard! I can actually offer you much more than the Therayuls. Come work with me.' Vegas says

'Never.' Pete says without lifting his gaze from the screen.

'ZX's bodyguards didn't kill me because they are half sure that my father will be their next leader. My dad surely is planning the same. Joining me will only be a promotion for you.'

'I know about you and your father's ties Vegas. And you know about Porsche. So shut up now, we know who has the upper hand.'

Vegas smirks. He was watching Pete for a long time now; his soft face lit by the light of his phone screen. He was beautiful. Vegas always admired his face, his body, whenever he looked at him. His smile was one of the brightest he had seen.

'Pete why didn't you just leave me and go. The task was done.'

'Because I am loyal to those I work with. And also, this was in return of you letting me go that day.'

Vegas nods, not moving his eyes from his. He observed the movements of his neck muscles and voice box as he spoke. He had understood by now that Pete was attracted to him too. Something in his eyes spoke to him. He gets up, walks up to Pete, snatches his phone and tosses it on the bed.