Blunders

Chapter 12:

Karl walks into Tharif's chamber, carrying his tea tray as usual.

'I've prepared drinks today, Karl. Have a seat, we have something important to discuss.'

Karl keeps the tray and sits in the sofa in front of him. He hands him a glass.

'Sir, I'm on duty, I'm not supposed to drink.'

'Go for it. Take a day off if required.'

Tharif brings his glass forward. Cheers! And they drink.

'You know, I have decided to hire experts to tap phone calls.'

'That's a great idea sir.'

'Why are you sounding so happy? Won't that be a problem for you?'

Karl froze!

'I don't.. I don't understand sir.'

'Our plan failed; you know. Our bodyguards had reported spotting Kim on the terrace. They were informing us of every move instantly. Kim was on the phone before he called them in. Where were you then? CCTV says, alone on the terrace, speaking on the phone.'

'Sir, why would I make such a confidential phone call in front of the CCTV?'

'Your phone call was of the exact duration as Kim's, as reported. I was looking for the mole who revealed my plans, and it is you it seems!'

'Sir, I have been loyal to you.'

'Karl, Therayul knew about my plans with Lisa too. You were the only one present in the room with me when I spoke to her.' Tharif took out a pistol from his pocket.

Karl fell to his knees. 'Sir, they caught Lisa. She must have said things!'

Tharif laughs. 'No! They knew of my plans before Lisa was caught.'

Karl felt his head spinning, he suddenly felt weak. The drink was drugged.

Tharif aims his pistol towards his head, and shoots...

***********************************************************************************************

Porsche walks into the cafeteria kitchen and picks up some juice, Kinn's fancy custom glass and some normal glasses.

His head was still heavy. He hadn't come to any decision about leaving yet. What if they got killed anyways? Therayul's home seemed to be the safest place.

Big, Pete and Ken were present outside Kinn's chamber, giggling. They smiled at Porsche as he approached with the tray.

'Let me serve you two lovebirds of Therayul!' Jake takes the tray from his hands, and bows.

'Nah! We would rather be alone, Jake.' Porsche smirks.

'Jake, you mustn't interfere in their games! It's their honeymoon period. Are you jealous though?'

Jake keeps the tray down and holds Big by his collar. Big laughs.

'We all know who is jealous here.' Jake giggles.

'Stop it now! You are on duty! Porsche, go inside!' Pete rebukes.

He mouthed 'Enjoy!' and smirks as Porsche enters the room.

'Let's have some juice!! No alcohol for now.' He keeps the tray on the table, and pours some juice for Kinn and himself.

'Mmmm. Tastes so good! What is this? Cranberry?'

Kinn sits beside Porsche and says, 'You don't know how cranberries tastes like, do you?'

'What is this then? Must be some berry...and why aren't you drinking?'