Melting

Chapter 13:

ZX lit a cigar and sat on the sofa beside the window. He picks up his phone and checks his text messages.

A long text said: 'They were planning your assassination. Tharif had plans to get rid of the Therayuls, and Tut's nephews. Therayul came to know about this and is not working with him anymore. However, it seems like Therayul is planning something else. Kinn is also involved in the whole affair.'

ZX was not worried about his death. He was more concerned about Tharif's succession. He was not happy with Therayul succeeding it too, that would only make them more powerful. A power divide was very much needed.

He picks his phone and dials Vegas. He wanted to test him himself before taking any serious step.

'I read your text. This much is not enough to win my faith. I have to be careful of such developments all the time, anyways. If you do one task for me, you will succeed Tharif immediately. It's a test.'

**************************************************************

Jake pulls out a fat book from his drawer and opens it. There was a phone and a pistol in there. He dials Tharif's number.

'I'm sorry sir, I failed. Pete was quick...... but won't that be risky.... Ok sir...they might come after you, and Vegas too.... No, I haven't heard of any other mole at your place...... Sir, Kinn is planning to send Porsche and Chay out in incognito...ok sir, thank you.'

Jake puts back the phone and keeps the book in its place, stuck to the top of the drawer. Tharif wanted Kate dead...

**************************************************************************

'Chay, can we speak.' Kim was holding an envelope which contained plans regarding Porsche and Chay's elopement.

'I don't want to talk on the phone about this, I'm coming.'

He cuts the call.

Kinn seemed restless. He had just finished a meeting with Therayul. He had clearly told him that both Porsche and Chay would be dead if they leave. It was very risky.

Kim presses the doorbell. Chay unlocks it and gives him a short hug. Kinn gives a quick smile to him and looks around.

'Porsche is upstairs. On the terrace.' Chay say as he walks towards the couch, followed by Kim.

He stops Kinn as he starts climbing upstairs, 'Be careful with him. He is really vulnerable. My brother might be a rough tough guy outside, but he is very soft. He has had it rough ever since he was born. He wants to forgive and forget, but he is not able to. I have never seen him this hurt. You did very wrong. I have some respect for you since he loves you, that's all. But please take care of his feelings, and leave him alone if he wishes.'

Kinn nods and climbs up.

'What is it, Kim? You afraid of long distance or what?' Chay forces a smile, his eyes melting slowly.

'Guys like you are not into long-...' he chokes. Holding back his tears, he gets up. Kim pulls him into his lap.

He hugs him from his back, 'You are not leaving. You'll be dead if you do. Kinn is speaking to Porsche about it. Even if they fall apart, or we fall apart, you guys are not leaving.'

Chay sniffs. 'I was thinking you would simply break-up...'

'Simply?' Kim loosens his grip on his waist.

Chay smiles through his tears.

'You are such a cry-baby!!' Kim smiles through his eyes.

'You don't become one too ok! Don't be like me. I am somewhat spoilt in spite of not having parents.'