Trivia

1. When saying the old man's lines, my dad did an impression of Buford from "Phineas and Ferb". 

2. While Brer Bear is from the south, they said he's from New York because that's where his original actor Nick Stewart hails from. 

3. Patty Duke really did live on a farm with abusive producers. Her parents became depressed alcoholics so she and her siblings moved in with the producers who forced her to become an actress. They also made her change her name, saying famously, "Anna Marie is dead! You're Patty now!"

4. My father kept trying to make the characters swear because it cracked him up. I kept telling him not to, but he never did. I kept redoing the shots until he said the lines right (I feel like he only said them right so I could move onto the next shot). 

5. Another irritating thing my dad did in production was try to work in the words 'bean field'. I only let him have it on the line where Brer Bear says "I couldn't fit this bean field down a chimney."

6. This installment is called "Iced Gingerbread" just to set in the Christmassy mood. I don't know why it's iced. I just thought it sounded better than "Gingerbread."

7. Brer Fox's comeback saying the best track for horses is hospital halls is a reference to John Mulaney comparing Donald Trump to a horse in the hospital. 

8. The misunderstanding about French people stealing Jeremy's presents references the feud between their ancestors, the Duke of Wellington and Napoleon. 

9. Chad and Jeremy's constant arguing about Chad's lack of sense of direction references their characters on "Laredo", Newton Weekes and Dudley Leicester. The gist with them was that Dudley was really slow at learning and keeping up. 

10. Burt Ward really was a comic book nerd growing up. Except he'd never heard of Batman and only read Superman comics. 

11. Jeremy's line "That's an airplane, you ignoramus!" is also a "Laredo" reference. The line on the show is Newton saying to Dudley, "You ignoramus! We're rescued!"

12. While I was searching for Rankin and Bass's version of Santa Claus on Google Images, my dad said "Why not use the grandpa from Willy Wonka?". And I thought that was a very good idea, so that's how Jack Albertson got the part.