TOD

When we returned to the SIU, I exited my car, and suddenly five security agents surrounded me. I immediately put my hands up.

               "It's me," I assured them, and they frisked me for any bugs. There was none on me. Finally, they handcuffed me and took me to an interrogation room.

               "Whoa, what did I do?" I asked worriedly in my Russian accent. They sat me down in a chair, and Rodriguez and Kevin, Levi, Benjamin, and Jake entered the room.

               "Rodriguez, I didn't do anything. So what's this all about?" I asked him, almost angry.

               "We only have a few questions," he said, "You might be suspected of being a double agent."

               "What?!" I expressed. "Why?!"

               "And agent, who will remain anonymous, told us that you were being a bit secretive, even though they do work for the SIU and should be trusted," Kevin told me, leaning closer, "About what went down in the Moralés house today. How did you get there? Explain everything."

               "I'm not a double agent. I'll explain everything if Rodriguez leaves the room."

               "What?! I should be able to be–" Rodriguez started, but Benjamin gave him a stern look, and Rodriguez crossed his arms, narrowed his eyes at me, and left the room reluctantly. Once I was sure he was gone, I looked at the remaining four.

               "Okay, so there's a secret room under the Moralés house, and I made it so that I could protect their family, but Sam found out about it, so I had to make another hiding spot for me in one of the cabinets of their kitchen counter, and that's how I instantly arrived at the rescue without anyone noticing. So please don't tell them. They'd freak out," I mentioned.

               "And how did you get in the cabinet?" Levi asked.

               "There are two secret hallways in the cabinet. One leads to the secret room Sam found, and the other leads to my house across the street."

               "Awesome!" Jake exclaimed.

               "Alright, you're not a double agent, and we won't tell the Moralés' about your little 'secret,'" Kevin assured me.

               "But you do sound like a damn stalker," Benjamin muttered.

               "Oh, thank you," I said, referring to Kevin's comment as they unhandcuffed me.

               "But you still have to go home for three days," Benjamin said.

               "What?! Why?!" I asked.

               "Because you scared the shit out of us," Jake said, shrugging, "Boss's orders."

               "Damn," I said and left for home.

               When I entered the house, within five minutes, I felt dizzy for a few seconds.

               The phone rang.

               I went to the phone room to answer it.

               "Hello?" I answered, still getting dizzy.

               "Tod, is your phone bugged?" It was Rodriguez.

               "No, it's secure."

               "Good. Vladimir escaped. Along with Jacob and Kayli."

               "That quick?" I asked, astonished.

               "We're told there might be an RIA agent posing as a police officer. But, on the other hand, they might've let them go," he assumed.

               "Uh-oh."

               "Yeah, 'uh-oh,'" he repeated. "Are you okay? You don't sound good." I felt dizzy again.

               "No," I answered and fell to the floor. The last thing I heard was Rodriguez yelling on the other end.

               "Tod?! Tod! Are you okay?! Tod!" Then the noise faded away in echoes, and everything went black.