DANIEL

I faked my death. Well, not necessarily "faked it." It was more like I didn't tell anyone I was still alive. I couldn't even if I wanted to. Mara, the RIA's front desk receptionist and a highly trained doctor, cared for me. I did get shot by Samantha, but I lived. I was just in a coma for the past five years. I was put in a high-tech secret security hospital that only Mara knew about. She had a realistic dummy placed in the casket as a substitute. But the funeral was closed-cascuit anyway, so it didn't matter.

               I wasn't in a coma because I was shot, but because when I fell, my head banged against the floor, which gave off a look that made others think I was dead. Only Mara knew I was alive now, and she was getting me up-to-date on the RIA's plans. She told me everything she knew. She even told me about these devices they created in the laboratory. She didn't know what they were for, but she saw Alexander putting them on people, particularly on their heads. Mara also said that she saw a white-haired little boy being trained by Sergei Abdulov and that the small white-haired boy didn't get a device on his head for some reason. It was weird, and she said it was hard to explain. Also, Mara mentioned some experiments Ruth would undergo.