RODRIGUEZ

I winced. I opened my eyes slowly. We were at the grocery store, as Sam had said. I looked over, and Sam had come to her senses as well. I looked around. It was getting dark outside, but there were still cars out in the parking lot of the store. Then, I saw a car with no plate.

               Additionally, a tail light was utterly broken; the glass had come off entirely, and something red was dripping out. Suspecting that the red fluid might be blood, I loaded my gun, got out one crutch, and limped over to the SIU car. I hid under the window, then quickly jumped and aimed my gun. There was no one in the passenger or driver's seat. I looked in the backseat to see a kid in there. He looked like he was in his teens. He looked at me, then at my gun.

               "Oh," I said, glancing at my pistol. "Shit." I holstered the gun and knocked on the window. When the teen opened the door, I leaned on it with an elbow.

               "What are you doing in here, kid?" I asked him.

               "This is my dad's car."

               "His car doesn't have a license plate. Also, do you know if there's anything in the trunk?" I questioned.

               "I'm sure it's just red paint, but if you want to ask him yourself, he's in the store," he pointed to the building. I nodded, shut the door, and headed to my car. LeBron, I've played your games long enough. It's about time you stopped following me around.