TOD

They looked stunned. I held a bat in my hand. Samantha turned to Rodriguez.

               "See? What'd I tell you? I didn't let him in. You didn't let him in. Who knows? Daniel was just here; he probably let Tod in. He's holding a baseball bat. It doesn't look good for us." Rodriguez looked as if he didn't know who to believe.

               "Don't listen to her. I'll explain everything later. You guys have to help me," I begged. Sam laughed sarcastically.

               "With what?" she asked, looking at me. "Poisoning our house like you did your own?"

               "Sam, stop," Rodriguez looked at her, then back at me. "What do you need help with?"

               "What?!" Sam continued, "You're not even the least bit concerned about how he got in here?!"

               "Listen to me," I yelled. "We don't have much time. Vladimir broke into my house, so I used a secret tunnel to get here. Kayli was with him, but not Jacob."

               "Really? Daniel was just here," Rodriguez said. I looked at Sam with a confused look.

               "Has he been drinking?" I asked her.

               "No," he interrupted. "I don't drink. I saw and also heard Daniel about ten minutes ago upstairs. Then we hid down here."

               "I'm afraid I have to believe him on this one," Sam said to me, "I, too, heard Daniel's voice up there, even though I wish I hadn't."

               "But..." I started. "But what about the body? And the blood? And what about the casket and the funeral?"

               "My prediction is that he was shot, with real blood, but also that he passed out or something to give off a look to make us think he was dead. I also think he lived, but no one knew," Rodriguez hypothesized.

               "But someone must have known if Daniel was in the hospital," Sam reminded him.

               "Ahem!" I interrupted, "What about the RIA agents ripping apart my house as we speak?"

               "Tod, we can't just walk in there and expect them to leave. Those agents are dangerous. Why do you think they're in your house right now? To look for you. Tod, I hope you understand something vital..." he paused for a long time, then suddenly said, "They want to kill you!" This fact startled me.

               "But if we all work together like last time, that won't happen," I said. "Besides, I set up a few traps in my house just in case something like this ever happened. I don't know about you guys, but I won't be the one running when I'm done with them."

               "Tod, you can't!" Sam reasoned, "It would be like David and Goliath!"

               "Who won the battle again?" I swung the bat as if I were hitting a baseball.

               "Okay, more like cat and mouse," she corrected.

               "Whatever, I'm going. It'd be a good workout," I laughed.

               "What is this to you, some game?! Tod, this is serious," Rodriguez told me.

               "Yeah, a serious game," I held up a finger. "And don't worry about me. I always prepare ahead of time." I entered back into the tunnel. Rodriguez grabbed my shoulder.

               "Stop!" he shouted, and the second he did so, I spun around and swept him from under his feet with my bat, and he fell flat on his back and groaned. I pointed at him with the bat.

               "And that, my friend," I smirked, "Is what they'll least expect."

               "But they're built differently," Sam said and hunched over in pain of contractions. "I'm okay..."

               "I also know all their weak spots," I continued, "Neck, sinuses, groin, stomach, eyes, and pressure points. See? I'm prepared." It was silent for a while, then Rodriguez spoke up.

               "Fine, do what you want, but I am not helping you." I nodded, then turned and left.