JACOB

We released carbon monoxide in Tod's house. It was a piece of cake; breaking into his house was nothing. We did this so we could quickly kill Tod without getting caught. Even better, we gained another SIU agent because of it! That's what happens when people risk their lives for other people. Now we can do an experiment on Rodriguez that we've wanted to do on someone for a long time. Just in case Tod lives, we'll do it to him, too. I just don't understand why the RIA couldn't send that highly skilled assassin to kill him. However, we have heard of this assassin being involved in some suspicious business about two years ago, talking to someone outside the agency, in person and online. Maybe that's why the RIA has recently refused to send him on missions. They've been keeping an eye on him.

               Vladimir, Kayli, and I walked into the hospital. I saw Samantha Moralés in the waiting room.

               "Shit," I whispered, shoving them into what looked like a partition with a dressing room.

               "What?" Vlad hissed.

               "Samantha is out there in the waiting room. But, unfortunately, we came at the wrong time," I said.

               "Dammit," he breathed, then got an idea. "Let's dress up as doctors." he picked up a waistcoat and put it on.

               "And what about NT?" Kayli asked.

               " 'NT'?" Vlad repeated.

               "Nametags," Kayli said.

               "No need for those. We'll let Samantha talk to her unconscious husband for a while, then say that visiting hours are over, then we'll experiment," Vlad proposed.

               "But Samantha has fought us in her house before. So I'm sure she'll never forget what we look like," I said.

               "And what if UH wakes up during the experiment?" Kayli asked. Vlad started to get annoyed.

               "Jacob, we'll be wearing medical masks! Kayli, Unconscious Husband won't wake up during the process. Even if he did, he wouldn't know it was us," Vlad mentioned, "We would be dressed as doctors. Now, you guys, put on these scrubs and a waistcoat. We can't waste any more time here," he handed us waistcoats and scrubs, slightly smiling at the cringy pun he had just made. He peeked out the door. "Samantha is gone. Let's go while no one's watching." We went to where Rodriguez's room and waited about five minutes, then Vlad said, "Don't forget your American accents. We're going in." He opened the door.

               "Excuse me, kind ma'am," he said in a voice so kind I thought someone else was there. "But visiting hours are over. Besides, we must tend to the patient, so you must leave."

               "Oh, that's alright, it's not like he can hear me anyway," Samantha said just as kindly, but as she passed me, I glanced at her, and she gave me the most terrifying look a person could provide, like she was saying, "Don't do anything you'll regret later." It was so scary that I gave out a little welp. Vlad elbowed me harshly, and Samantha left the room with a look of regret.

               "What's your problem?" Vlad asked, giving me a mean look.

               "Th-that look she gave me..." I stuttered, "It was so intimidating."

               "Well, she's gone now," he said, locked the door, took out a syringe, and injected it into Rodriguez. Then we went to Tod's hospital room, did the same to him, and left without being noticed.