Fainting

Evelyn's 15 here! This is really short I'm so sorry!

Evelyn's POV
I've had POTS for as long as I can remember. It frightened the crap out of Jay and Will the first time I fainted but they just got used to it after a while and kept fizzy drinks in their bags.

It was Saturday and I had nothing to do except scroll through tiktok on my phone whilst laying down.I laughed watching funny videos and even made some of my own. I was waiting for dinner as Jay and Will were both off ahift today so I didn't have to make it on my own.

"Ev dinners ready!!" I hear Jay call from downstairs.

I quickly get off my bed but immediately regret it as I feel my heart beat extremely fast. My vision starts to deteriorate and I call out for help.

"WILL" I shout, knowing my medical brother would be able to assist me

I see Will come through the door but it's too late. The darkness consumes me and I fall to the ground.

Wills POV

"Did you call her?" I ask as I sit at the table

"Yea I did, maybe we should go-

"WILL"

Ev was shouting for me. Usually when people shout my name it's because of a medical emergency since I'm a doctor. Me and Jay look at each other before racing up the stairs to Evelyn's bedroom.

I'm the first one to reach her room and see that she clings onto her bed before passing out. I manage to catch her head before it hits the ground to avoid any injury after what happened last time

Evelyn's POV

I was in the bathroom, washing my hands after using the toilet before I got the familiar feeling of my heart beating too quick. I call for my brothers before passing out

Jays POV

Ev had been in the bathroom for a while but I just said to myself she's probably on her period. But then once I heard my name being called out I knew something bad had happened. I start running up the stairs before hearing a thud. Luckily the bathroom door wasn't locked at we made sure we could get easy access if she did ever faint in here.

I open the door and see that she has fainted but had a massive gash on her head. My guess was she was washing her hands and fainted then bashed her head off the sink.

"Shit" I mumbled as I pulled my phone out to call an ambulance

Flashback over

Wills POV

Jay soon runs in after me and sighs when he sees me holding Ev's head on the ground. I dug deeper into my research about POTS. It's a rapid increase in heartbeat of more than 30 beats per minute, or a heart rate that exceeds 120 beats per minute, within 10 minutes of rising.

I remember that POTS patients need to lie down again after fainting so I pick her up and lay her in her bed, waiting for her to wake up. Jay leaves but shortly comes back when an energy drink for when she wakes up.

"Poor kid, is there any treatment for something like this?" Jay asks me

"I mean I can get her some medicine but we're doing fine like this. Plus this won't happen often. The other times it's been low iron but patients don't mainly faint from POTS" I inform him.

Mumbling was heard infront of me as I looked to see Ev waking up. She rubbed her eyes as she looks up at me wondering what's happened.

"Hey loser"

"Go away Will" she jokes.

"How you feeling kiddo?" Jay enquires.

"I'm feeling good, a small bit lightheaded but good" she says with a smile.

"Need a drink?" Jay asks.

She shakes her head and lifts her hand up, gesturing for me to pull her up. I help her up and make sure she isn't too dizzy before going downstairs for a much needed dinner.