chapter 8

You help up manalo and help walk her over to her family so they can help her. the worst part isn't even that your friends and family got hurt but that you didn't do anything to save them. You walk back around and over to your family for one last check up. They all lay in the marui around your mother. You walk in and sit down next to your mother grabbing onto her hand to reassure her

"I'll be fine." She says. "Go, watch over lo'ak." She moans before closing her eyes to rest.
"Oh shit!" You say. "Language." Your father snaps back. "Sorry!" You say getting up and russing out of the door.your first instinct was the sully family's marui so you rush over. Bumping all the others in the way. When you rush inside you don't see lo'ak but you see most of the family. "Have you guys seen lo'ak?" You ask."uh,no but I can help you find him." Neteyem adds as he gets up and starts walking over to help you.

"Oh, ok yea." You say. You both walk out the marui and look around the island. "Is it true that you guys like kissed?" He asks. "No, it's a stupid rumor." You say because technically you did but it only lasted for a little shorter than a second so your sure it shouldn't count.

"Where does he usually go?" You ask. " I don't know, everywhere?" He says. You chuckle at his response because you're always finding it hard to find lo'ak to. You guys check everywhere even do a quick water check to ofcourse not beyond the reef. You couldn't find him anywhere. But there was one last place he knew about and you had to make sure he wasn't there. "I'll be right back" you say leaping away from neteyem and into the trees until you get to an edge, where the leaves droop down and touch the shallow water. And there you find a blue figure nutting on a rock.

"Lo'ak?" You say creeping up behind him. He turned around to face you and when he saw you a annoying look hit his face. "Your family's looking for you." You say standing next to him."I'll just be a few more minutes." He mumbles. "Not that I care, but you ok?". You sit down next to him and look him in the face.

seeing his face scrunch up like he was begging to be hugged, but you couldn't and you knew you couldn't. "Yea." He says. " Y'know the sky people left so like they aren't coming to get you, scaredy cat." You say. He didn't answer just looks at you and it surprised you how angry he was. He seemed so mad.

"Why do you care?" He says "you literally only care about yourself." He adds. "No I don't". "Yes you do." "How?" You ask because you can't think of an instance where you where selfish, I mean you weren't right?" Remember the last time we where here, we kissed. And you told everyone we didn't and just pushed me away without reason." He says in the same tone your parents talks to you in when you get yourself in trouble.

" There was reason, you just don't get me I mean I was stupid to kiss someone I just met!" You say "I'm selfish but your the one mad at me without knowing my reasons." You say. "Whatever, I'm just happy we aren't together." He adds." I am to we would be terrible,I like us better as enemies." You say looking over to lo'ak to see if he agrees and if he considers y'all to be enemies. He just looks at you and nods so you take it as a harsh yes.

"Let's make a deal" you say. "Why?" He adds. "Because, I'm nice? I'm 15 and the pressure is bad being the chiefs daughter i mean I have to mate with a man in a few years. So, can you find me a male?" You say. "Wait what why?" He says. You look at him with a 'really?' expression.

"I need to marry a good leader and someone who can become a good future chief! I'm sure you can find one" you say. "And what do I get in return?" "You don't get your ass kicked!" You say happily. "No really?" "Ok I know a girl who could be into you.." you say, tseriya stares at him all the time. She 'met a boy'.

She like touching him and always freaks when he touches her. She has to. "What? Who?" He ask leaning over interestedly. "You'll just have to figure out!" You say. "Ok fine deal whatever." He says getting up to leave. "Wait!" You yell running up to him. You grab his hand " we have to shake hands." " Do we really?" He moans. "Yes come on!' you say and you slip your hands together and shake them.

Words:829
Thanks for reading!!💗💗