chapter 9

When you get back from the place you and lo'ak decide to make your 'deal'. To be honest you didn't wanna get lo'ak and tseriya together, but it was an easy option for you both to get what you need. A mate. When you both walk out a lot of the clan surrounded you guys and most where in a marui getting fixed up and bandaged up.

"There you are!" Neteyem says walking up to lo'ak. " We found him!" He tells the clan as they all scurry away to whatever they where doing. Lo'ak walked away with a gloomy expression and neteyem asks "how did you know where he was?" Raising an eyebrow. "There's a place I also like to go when I'm upset, I knew he would be there" you respond turning to face him.

"I didn't even notice he was upset.." neteyem says turning his head to his brother in the distance. "Hey, it's not always easy to tell when someones struggling especially one who doesn't show it very much." You say reaching out you hand and placing it onto his shoulder.

"It's not your fault." You say as neteyem turns his head back to you. You release your hand from his shoulder."I can tell your trying, but it's not always your job to protect your brother.." you say as he looks to the ground to tilt your head so he can see you with his head down.

"But I'm his older brother.." he says. "Just because your older doesn't make you have to protect him, sometimes you just have to let him do him." You say walking off.

Because of you and lo'aks deal you decide to go over to tseriya, if you had to convince her to date him you better start now. You walk over to her who was sitting beside your resting mother. You sit down. "Hey.." you say. "She ok?.." you whisper.

"Uh.. yea I think.." she whispers back keeping her eyes on your mother and holding onto her hand. "You know you don't have to keep watching over her?" You say placing a hand on her back. She stays quiet but you hear her breathing shake. "Hey?.." you say one more time moving closer.

As you do tseriya turns her head and you see glossy tears run down her face. As soon as you see her sob you grab her holding her close. "Hey, what's wrong?" You whisper into her ear still holding on tightly. She just cry's into your shoulder without a word.

You let her because no mather how bad it made you feel to see her cry you couldn't leave her to deal with it by herself. "Hey it was just a little push she's fine.." you whisper again. "But.. but the baby" she whispers back her voice breaking. "It's fine. she's fine. We are fine. I promise.." you say letting her finish crying. This isn't at all how you wanted this talk to go but you say.

"you know, I think I found a boy who is into you" you whisper in her ear. She pulls away from your shoulder so you can see her face. You guess the sudden question stopped her from crying because the tears no longer came out from her eyes. "Who.!" She says kinda worried."lo'ak..." You whisper. "We where talking about it." Her face dose a little smile before it turns cold. "But aren't you guys like-" "we hate eachother?" "Yea" she says

"Well we do but I guess he's fine if you like him.." you say. That's the moment you felt a deep while in your heart. Because all of this happened because you where in love with lo'ak but where you in 'love' or just crushing. You didn't even know him well enough to be in love, so why did it hurt so much. "Oh, well he's not that bad.." she says with a small grin.

"Omg, yess you guys are gonna be so cute!" You fake before saying "go talk to him! I'll stay with mom!" And she gets up and leaves the marui, Waving goodbye. When she leaves you look at the ground.

The feeling you felt was it because you still liked lo'ak? But you loved being rude to him, or did you just love the fact you got to talk to him..

you got very overwhelmed but you kept it in because lo'ak isn't yours and can't be. You knew mother wouldn't be mad at tseriya for dating someone from the Omatikaya clan because she was the youngest.

She had to have two siblings killed to be chief and that was unlikely so it was obvious that it would be ok. You sit there debating what you felt twords lo'ak before lying down next to your mother holding onto her hands. No matter how mad she made you you still loved her, was it the same for lo'ak..

Words:823
Thanks for reading!!💗💗