chapter 10

When your mother woke back up you left her in your mari. You had lots to do.you walk around through maris until you make it to the middle of the land. The sky was getting a darker shade of blue then before.

"Boo!"

You head from behind. It shocks you enough for you to jump. You turn to face the person and see manalo all bandaged up.

"Why are you up? You should be resting.." I say looking at her softly

"I'm fine, plus I feel so much better now!" She say looking at you

"So you wanna catch me up on what's been happening the past few days?"

_________________

"And yea.." you say sitting beside a tree your head on your knees.

"When I told you maybe you and lo'ak can work out you where supposed to tell him that you guys can be together" she says looking at you with a 'really?' look.

"Yea but, it wouldn't...if anything happens to anoung I'm next in line for chief.the chief can't be dating a five fingered freak!"

"First off, that was rude! Secondly, stop worrying about being chief your not gonna ok? Either way no matter what your family won't be disappointed.." she says placing a hand on mine

"It's to late...I already promised to set lo'ak up with tsyeria.."

"No it isn't, just act like you are..get closer to him. If he likes you at some point like 5 days ago he can like you again now"

I look at the sun setting.

"But what if tyseria likes him.. it'll break her heart"

Manalo restes her head on my shoulder.

"You have to give things up for love, you just have to be ready to take the risk."

I rest my head on hers too. I knew what I had to do.

________________

I walk over to the Sully's mari peeping in. They quickly notice me.

"Hey, is lo'ak here?.." I ask looking at neteri and Jake.

"Yea he just went to go to get some food, you can sit and wait if you'd like?" Jake says

I nod and take a seat next to neteri

"Thank you"

"What?" I say

"Lo'ak and you must be close, you always come looking for him. He doesn't get along with many so thank you. And that night you guys fought you really got through to him." Neteri says looking into my eyes

"Oh, what do you Mean got through to him?"

"He started talking to us more..thank you" jake says looking at me too.

I knew he had a bad relationship with his family especially his dad. So I guess he never talks to them?

As the silence gets a little awkward lo'ak walks in the mari not even noticing me at first.

"Oh, ty-lee, need something?"

"Oh, yea come on let's take a walk" I say getting up and walking down through the maris.we walk over to our secret spot not a word said.

We both sat down on a long rock. The same one from the first day we met.

"So, uh with the deal we have.." I say looking at the night sky.

"Oh that, I think I found you someone."

I look over in shock. I didn't think really anyone here liked me.i guess the look was enough to be a response.

"Netemyem, I don't know if he likes you but he talks about you a lot and it's all good" he says looking at me.

"Oh...wow.."

Netemyem was pretty much like lo'ak right so if me and neteyem did date then maybe it would be like dating lo'ak.

"Oh, and me and tsyeria been talking more. Thanks for that. I think we could work.."

I look over at him. That made my chest ache. I had came to confess but it seemed he already had moved on. I didn't need to ask anyone because it seemed I had got my answer.

I said nothing back to him. I was scared if I spoke it would start to cry. I didn't hate lo'ak. I loved him. And he wasn't mine. And I hated that. But I'm the one who pushed him away to begin with.

"Ty-lee.."

I couldn't look at him either so I spurt out a quiet

"Yes.."

"Let's stop hating eachother.you have made me realize so many things since we've met. You helped me. A lot.You and me, We are pretty good together."

'you and me, we are pretty good together' I knew he didn't mean what I wanted him too. But damn he knew how to play with my emotions.

"Yea.."

"Friends?.."

"Friends"

It got quiet. We both stared at the moon. After a while lo'ak gets up and reaches a hand to bring me too.

"I'll stay a little longer.."

"Alright. Goodnight ty-lee."

He walks off after that. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't say anything. I didn't even know what to think. But my eyes quickly become teary and my sight got all foggy.

____________________

I woke up in my mari next to manalo.i turned over to her who was sitting up and looking out at the sea.

"Whatcha looking at?" I ask.

She jumps from the sudden words

"The water, obviously." She says getting up from her seat.

"Y'know that shell we where planning to make a cool hair accessory with?"

I get up too.

"Yea, what about it?"

"I have the best idea. It will take a while to make but it will be worth it I promise no one has something like this here!"

I smile from her words as she walks and grabs something sitting on a leaf.

"You haven't really been eating lately" she says handing me a fish on a stick.

I take it from her and give her a hug. Both me and her walk out the maris together as I nibble on the fish. But from such a good start to the morning sadness came. I saw lo'ak and tsyeria talking. Laughing. What was so funny?

I walk over to them.

"Oh good morning ty-lee!" Tsyeria says.

"Mornin"

"Did you get back to your mari fine last night?" Lo'ak ask. He was concerned? For me!

"Oh, uh- yea!"

Manalo smiles.

"So, uh are you guys together.." tsyeria says.

Words:1052

Ty so much for reading this chapter!!
Ik it's getting pretty boring. Don't worry I'ma start adding some spice!! Xx