Warm (Jonatello)

This one shot will be based off a bit of art made by @gayly.disconnected over on Instagram! Please go check them out!

Trigger Warnings: None

______

Donnie was hunched over the work desk in the barn, while Casey laid under the truck, working away. The two were so caught up in their work, that neither of them noticed the soft patter of rain on the roof.

It wasn't untill Casey heard Donnie's breath stagger, that he noticed something was wrong. "Dee?"

He pushed himself from under the machine, looking over in concern when he didn't get a response. "Donnie?" He asked again, worry starting to shine through the vigilante's voice. "You alright?"

Once again, Donatello didn't reply. His body shook slightly, but it was obvious to the naked eye. Was he cold or something? It was then that Casey noticed the rain, and the shift in temperature. He rolled his eyes, walking over, tossing a screwdriver into the air and catching it as he did so.

"Awh, come on, Dee! It ain't even that cold!" He laughed, only to frown when Donnie didn't even spare him an annoyed glance. He huffed, figuring that the turtle was ignoring him. What had he done this time? "Okay, what's up your ass-?" He placed a hand on Donnie's shoulder, instantly pulling away, feeling just how cold Donnie was to the touch.

"What the-?"

It clicked. He remembered Donnie saying something about him and his brothers being cold blooded. Apparently being mutated didn't change your immunity to the cold. "Shit-"

Donatello dropped his tool from his hand as he swayed. If Casey didn't get him to the warmth of the farm house soon, he didn't want to think of what would happen to the tech wiz.

Casey thought for a moment, looking around for anything he could use to keep Don dry from the rain. Nothing. If course the two hadn't thought about bringing umbrellas, or anything. Not even blankets for nights they'd stay in the barn. He groaned and figured his hoodie would be big enough to fit the two of them. It was rather stretchy anyways.

He struggled to maneuver Donnie, so that he could help him into the hoodie, frowning as he heard a quiet rip of fabric.

Rest in peace, hoodie. You will be missed dearly.

Shockingly, Donnie hummed and nuzzled his head against Casey's face. "Warm..." He smiled lazily.

The human just rolled his eyes, helping Donnie stay standing upright. "You owe me one, gap tooth.' He grumbled as he pushed open the barns doors.

The rain hadn't let down since it began. And the house was roughly 100 feet away from the barn.

They trudged through the harsh, and be it cold, rain, soon making it to the house.

By now, the two were soaked and freezing.

Casey shimmied out of what was left of his hoodie, letting Don use it to himself. "You stay here while I grab towels and fire wood-"