Chapter 8

"Shannon, come on! Kyle's here!" Maxis' voice called out through the house.

Both her and her brother, Kyle, were standing by the front door, waiting for Shannon to show up, so that way they could go home.

As they waited there, Kyle felt his phone vibrate. It was a text from Shannon's number, telling him to come upstairs for a quick makeout session.

"You can go wait in the car, while I uh... look for Shannon." Kyle said, fishing for his keys and then extending them out towards his sister.

Maxis rolled her eyes as she grabbed the keys. She wasn't stupid and knew what Kyle and Shannon were up to. Plus she had looked at the text when Kyle was reading it.

"Just don't take forever." She grumbled as she left the house and headed towards the parked 4Runner.

***

Maxis sighs grumpily as she looks at the time on her phone and decided to head back inside because Kyle and Shannon hadn't  shown up after 10 minutes.

As she walks towards the front door, Maxis grumbles under her breath "So much for wanting to meet curfew." she said.

Maxis re-entered the house and began calling out for her brother, Kyle. She didn't get any response, so she decided to look around the first floor.

***

Once her search of the first floor was complete, Maxis still hadn't found her brother, or anyone else for that matter, which confused her but also made her start to worry.

"Shannon? Kyle? Scotty? David? Marcel? Where the heck are you guys?" Maxis asked, starting to feel a little uneasy

After calling out those names, Maxis heard a noise coming from upstairs. Her eyes darted towards the staircase and up the stairs.

Maxis found herself walking up the stairs and when she reached the top of the steps, she looked to her left and then to her right, seeing nothing but closed doors.

Deciding to start with the furthest room, Maxis began to head towards the right. However, she soon heard a door opening and a voice coming from behind her.

"Maxis...?"

Upon hearing her name, Maxis turned around to see her brother, Kyle, standing in the doorway of one of the rooms.

"Kyle?" Maxis asked, being prepared to give him an earful for taking forever. However, she noticed that something didn't seem right with him.

Seconds after, Kyle collapsed right in front of her. Maxis gasped and her eyes widened, seeing that there was a knife stuck in his back.

Just as Maxis took a step towards her brother, she was brought to a halt when she spotted a familiar looking cloaked and masked figure stepping into the open doorway. It was none other than Ghostface.

"Fuck!" Maxis muttered, her eyes widening even more as she watched them quickly yank their knife out of her brother's back and wiping the blade clean.

Wasting no time, Maxis raced towards the staircase, dodging the lunge that Ghostface attempted  as she got to the steps. Once she got down the steps, Maxis ran towards the front door and opened it, only to be greeted by a second Ghostface!

"FUCK!!" Maxis squeaked as she was now being chased by two people dressed as Ghostface.

The next place Maxis ran was into the kitchen. She went towards the one doorway, only to be met with a Ghostface. When she began to backtrack and head towards the other doorway, she was greeted by the second Ghostface. Maxis was now trapped inside the kitchen with the two Ghostfaces.