Chapter 2

The Next Day

A blue Toyota 4Runner was parked on the side of the street, right outside of a house. Inside that vehicle were two people. Those two? A brother and sister duo. The brother was named Kyle Johnson and the sister was Maxis Johnson. Their purpose for being there was to pick up Kyle's girlfriend, Shannon Cipher, so that way all three of them could go to their campus for classes.

"I still don't understand why I have to get in the back every time we pick up Shannon." Maxis spoke, "it takes us more time for me to get out and get in the back, instead of just having Shannon get in the back." She stated in a factual manner.

"Well, the back is where short and evil gremlins have to sit." Kyle joked as he listened to his sister groan in annoyance, "but really though, it's because she's my girlfriend and I like to hold her hand while we drive."

"She may be your girlfriend, but I'm your sister and I've known you longer." Maxis replied back.

"Yeah? And your point?" Kyle asked, jokingly as he listened to Maxis huff in light annoyance.

Maxis was just about to reply to her brother when there was a light knocking on the glass window. Both Maxis and Kyle looked up to see the red headed female who was Shannon. The Red head would giggle and wave to them as Maxis gets out of the front seat and into the back.

Once Maxis was in the back seat, Shannon would get into the front seat with a smile. Both Kyle and Shannon shared a small kiss like always when they picked her up.

"Yuck, that's gross!" Maxis says from the back seat of the Toyota.

Shannon giggles a little bit at this while Kyle rolled his eyes.

"How was y'alls morning so far?" Shannon asked as she sat her purse and bag at her feet.

"It's going good now that you are here to save me from the Evil gremlin in the backseat~" Kyle says teasing with a soft laugh.

"I'm good, Shannon. But if I'm a short and evil gremlin then you are a big one then!" Maxis says with a smirk on her face.

They all sat there laughing a little until Kyle looks at them both with a smile and says to the two Females.

"Well, are we all ready to go to the campus now?" Kyle asked.

To which the two females nod, and Kyle starts driving to the campus.

***

After finding a parking spot for the 4Runner, Kyle, Shannon and Maxis all got out. Kyle and Shannon would lock their hands together, while Maxis walked beside them.

As they entered Blackwood's campus, they would listen in to various conversations the other students were having.

At least, that was until they stopped at the small fountain that was in the center of the campus. It was there that they'd see two of their friends, Marcel and David (who they call Nogla).

They gave the standard greetings to each other, pretty much saying hello and asking how their mornings have been.

As they talked, Kyle would continue to look around the campus. He couldn't help but notice that there was an increase in security, aka more officers than usual on the campus.

After looking at a few of them, Kyle turned back to his friends, "What happened? Did they raid Anthony's dorm and find his stash?" He asked, sounding somewhat amused.

"No... Didn't you hear?" Marcel asked while looking at the them.

Both Marcel and David were telling them about how Crystal and Hugo died.

"Well, Hugo and Crystal were murdered... The scene was pretty bad from what i heard on the radio while gettin up this morning." David says.

"And the Dean of the College decided to beef up security because of what happen to them, and the person is still on the loose." Marcel says.

"This is crazy to hear about them. I had classes with Crystal." Shannon says looking a bit nervous.

"It really is.." Maxis says standing there not knowing too much on Crystal and Hugo except for classes they previous had together.

Shannon held Kyle's hand while looking worried, after they both heard the news along with Maxis. The three trio stood there with Marcel and David still talking about it.

As the group of five continued to talk about the deaths of Crystal and Hugo, two more of their friends, Anthony and Scotty, were slowly approaching them.

"Hey... Did you guys hear the news?" Scotty asked.

"The McRib is back?!" Kyle joked, even though it was obviously an inappropriate time to do so.

It resulted in an annoyed groan to come from his sister, Maxis, "ignore the idiot..." She sighed, "but yes, we heard about Crystal and Hugo."

Scotty nodded as both he and Anthony now joined the others by the fountain. For the next few minutes, they'd continue to talk about Crystal and Hugo.

"I just don't understand why someone would kill them?" Shannon said, still being in shock, "Crystal was one of the nicest people ever..." She added.

Kyle nodded and looked towards Marcel, "you used to have a thing for Crystal, no?" He asked.

Marcel chuckled softly, "Yeah, in like first grade, my guy." He paused for a moment, "we actually haven't seen much of each other since middle school, which was a long time ago." He said.

Kyle nodded as he and Marcel turned their attention back towards the rest of the group, where they'd still continue to discuss the deaths of their classmates.

After a while, Maxis looked at her phone, "Alright, I gotta get to class." She said while sighing.

Kyle nodded as he watched his sister walk away. The others that remained would soon follow in her footsteps, leaving for their classes to begin their day.

~

There you have it everyone! I wonder what it is gonna happen next! We hope you enjoy this chapter and we will see you in the next one :3