𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

╒══════╕
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
╘══════╛

╒══════╕ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ╘══════╛

trigger warnings— none

──⇌••⇋──

DALLY PULLED into the dirt as it crumbled beneath the tired that tumbled over it. The wind gentle with a breeze as she closed the car door.

Dally glanced at Grace, "be careful with your words doll." Grace side eyed Dally as he struggled to open the gate, fumbling the lock between his hands.

"Doll...?" She quirked an eyebrow up, as Dally muttered under his breath. "Excuse me," Grace softly shoved Dally from the lock, pulling it out with ease as Dally eyed the girl who smirked.

"You're welcome Dallas." She gave a sly smile as she shoved the gate open, which dragged along the weeded out dirt. "Don't get all smartass with me Gracie." He snapped as the two made their way to the front porch.

"It's Grace."
"It's 'shut your tramp' and knock on the damn door." Dally stuck a cancer stick between his lips, placing his hands on his hips as she gently knocked on the door.
"Hello? Mr.Curtis?"

The door croaked within an inch, not revealing much as muffled fumbling was heard behind the doors.
"Grace?" Darry questioned as Dally made his way towards the door, "she wanna' see Soda real quick before we get goin'."

Darry opened the door wide, allowing Grace to step in as she brushed a loose strand of hair behind her hair. "So....?" She looked around, sitting down on the couch as Dally leaned against the door frame.

"Pony and Jonny are missing." Darry sliced with the truth, Grace furrowed her brows with a sudden wave of unexpected news. "What."

"Wanted for murder as well," Darry poured the boiling water into the mug with a 'psss.'
Grace gulped the tightly knitted knot in her throat, her guts squirming. "But—but they wouldn't do that unless it was self defense!" Her voice rose, straightening her posture.

Darry shrugged, heavily dragged eye bags lingered beneath his sunken eyes of black marble. His face paler than ever as his hair shagged with messiness.

"Darry, I'm here if you need someth—"
"Soda's in the room by the restroom."

Grace glanced at Dally with furrowed brows as he nodded towards the room, almost encouraging her to go pay him a visit.

Grace jumped from her seat, making her way into the hall as she heard Darry and Dally whisper behind her figure.
'Knock! Knock!'

She sighed deeply, hoping to hear an answer from Soda.
"Go away Darry!" His voice snapped with a strain, furrowing her brows with a slight chuckle. "What if I tell you I'm not Darry?"

Footsteps thudded as she clicked her tongue, the door swinging open for her to come in.

Grace walked into the room, the sharp smell of cinnamon drifted as Soda sat on the bed; his infamous smile suddenly vanished in thin air into a darkened frown. His strikingly charming eyes faded into distraught emptiness of silent rage.

"What happened, Soda?" Her voice nipped through the aching silence between the two. "You don't look too well." She kneeled down besides him.

He squeezed his eyes shut, his mouth open but empty without any words; his heart strained with such betrayal.
"Sandy cheated, she got pregnant and it wasn't mine."

Grace's smile suddenly dropped into an expression of disbelief as she gulped, clenching her jaw. "Do...do you know who the biological father is?"

Soda flickered his eyes onto hers, tears glossing his eyes as his bottom lip trembled. "I...."

A hauntingly long silence only brought her closer to the answer, nodding her head no as she fell back onto the floor.
"No..." tears trickled down her cheeks, "no, it can't be."

A soft cry left Soda, who only felt immense guilt for the girl who he knew she loved Angel very much.
And with that, Grace knew who the father was, her face numb with tears smudged.

──⇌••⇋──

(A/N: SO SORRY THIS IS SHORT I JUST WANTED TO RELEASE THIS SO BADLY SO YOU GUYS KNEW THIS WASN'T DISCONTINUED. I PROMISE I WILL BE WRITING MORE AND MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS <333 ILYYY ! ALSO, SHOULD I DO A DALLY FIC?!? OR ANOTHER SODA ONE? OR A PONYBOY ONE? OR JOHNNY ONE?-😭)