Later

The first thing he heard was the footsteps nearing his room, Then a knock. "Muichiro? are you awake?"
Muichiro sighed. he opened his eyes heavily. "Yeah.. Im awake" He replied quietly.
"Can I come in?" The voice asked.

Muichiro sat up half awake. He was still in his corp uniform.
"Um.. sure. do you need something?

The door slid opened and revealed genya standing in the doorway
Muichiro was immediately wide awake. "Oh, Genya!"

"Sorry is this a bad time? I said I'd talk to you later and..." Genya trailed off
"No, no its fine! what did you want to talk to me about?" Muichiro asked, shuffling over so there was room on his bed for Genya to have a seat.

Genya sat next to him and they were both silent for a moment before Genya spoke up.
"Muichiro...what are we? are we just friends or..?"
Muichiro stayed quiet for a moment and stared at the floor, not daring to look at Genya. "I want us to be more than friends Genya.. I really do" He whispered softly, eyes fixated on the floorboards beneath him.
"But we cant.." Genya whispered back, "We cant..."
Muichiro's eyes began to tear up
"If my brother found out, or the other hashira... Muichiro you could even be demoted from Hashira, everything you've worked for!"
"I dont care" Breathed Muichiro, looking up at Genya. "So what? I don't care if they demote me or something, I don't care as long as I have you" He said louder. A lone tear streaked down his face. "I don't care Genya..."

Genya saw his tears and reached forward, wrapping Muichiro in a hug. Muichiro's tears eased and his breathing slowed. "I like you Genya" He whispered, hugging Genya back tighter.
"I'm sorry I wouldnt listen to you Mui" Genya spoke quietly. Muichiro smiled a bit and Genya reached out to wipe the tears from Muichiro's face. He loosened his grip but Muichiro pulled him back.
"You're the one thing that can make me happy no matter what Genya...Ill always be here for you." Muichiro said, voice trembling
"I know." Genya whispered, cupping Mui's face in his hands "I know Mui"

Muichiro leaned over and planted a kiss on Genya's cheek, before nestling back into his arms. Genya blushed and looked down at the boy cradled in his arms, smiling slightly.
"Muichiro...are you sure about this?" He asked
"I've never been so sure of anything in my life" Muichiro answered.
Genya brushed Muichiro's Beautiful hair out of his face and ran his fingers through it. " Aren't you tired from training?" He asked softly.

Muichiro had almost completely forgotten how tired he was. 'Yeah, I'm pretty tired" He yawned.
"Rest" Genya reassured him "Ill stay here with you" He ran his hand across Mui's cheek as the boy lay down and positioned himself laying down next to him, wrapping the small boy in his arms again.
"Muichiro, before we go to sleep...can we not tell anyone about this?"
"Yeah...I dont want them to know about us just yet" Muichiro said faintly.
Genya nodded and pulled Muichiro tighter into his arms.
Soon both of them had closed their eyes and lay still, holding each other gently.

(Happy Pride month fellow lgbts! I am depriving y'all of a kiss >:)

also go check out @flamingsparks(shes holding me at gunpoint help)