Chapter 6

Sam and the Wiggles were still inspecting the train.

"The front buffers are completely destroyed" said Sam.

"Why would a child even think about getting behind a train's controls?" said Rob.

"You've obviously never been in our town before" said Charles Wallace.

"He's right. You never know what's gonna happen" said Jeff.

"But we're not in your town now" said Rob.

Sam got another good look at the train. "How is a yellow number one gonna identify it?" 

"It says everything about me. I'm the number one blue engine" said a voice.

"Huh?" the Wiggles said one at a time.

"Who said that?" said Charles Wallace.

"I did" said the voice.

"Who did?" said Sam.

"Me!"

Sam looked at the front of the train and saw that it had a model face smiling at her.

"Hello!" said the voice.

"Agh!" Sam yelped. 

"Don't be afraid, ma'am. All trains talk where I come from" said the train.

"Hah! Well! That makes things easier" said Sam.

"Did that child steal you?" said Charles Wallace.

"Yes she did. She just jumped right through my door and steered me off the track" said the train.

"Hmm. Do you know anything else about her?" said Sam.

"No, ma'am, nothing. But I'd be glad to help you find more" said the train.

"I appreciate that greatly" said Sam politely.

"I'm Thomas, by the way" said the train.

"Pleasure. I'm Sergeant Sam Pan. This is my friend Charles Wallace" said Sam.

"And we're the Wiggles!" they said in unison.

"I'm Anthony!"

"I'm Jeff!"

"I'm Murray!"

"And I'm Greg!"

"Nice to meet you. So where do we start, sergeant?" said Thomas.

"Well, you are rather mangled, Thomas" said Sam.

"So let's ask Calvin to fix him. He's great with engines" said Charles Wallace.

Just then, Sam's flip-phone rang. "Sergeant Pan" she said as she answered.

"Sam, it's Andy" 

"Hi, Andy; where did Jeremy say the gunshots were?" said Sam.

"The reported gunshots were false" said Andy.

"What?!"

"He made it up to make me come. The real reason he called is that his daughter is missing" said Andy.

"No she's not."

"Yes she is!"

"Andy... alright. Just find the kid and let's get back to blasting whoever stole Thomas the train" said Sam.

"That train has a name?" said Andy.

"He can talk too, apparently. Just get Jeremy off our case and let's get on with it" said Sam.

"Yes, sarge" said Andy hanging up the phone.