Epilogue

Andy sat alone in her apartment crying her eyes out.

She was stripped of her police uniform and wearing her white nightdress and pink robe. She also let down her hair and washed her makeup off.

She was crying because she regretted murdering someone whether he was a criminal or not.

She wanted to go talk to Jeremy about it, but she was worried he might have gone to bed. 

But she went to his apartment anyway.

She knocked on the door and Jeremy answered, still fully dressed, but instead wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. 

"Andy? Are you alright? You never come to my place this late" he said.

Andy took a breath. "I did something really bad, Jeremy. Can I talk to you?"

Jeremy wrapped his arm around her and let her in. 

"Um... where's Charles Wallace?" said Andy.

"He's working late" said Jeremy.

"Good. Now he won't have to watch you break up with me" said Andy.

Jeremy jumped back in shock. "Is it that bad?"

"It's terrible. Jeremy... I killed a man" Andy sobbed.

"What?" said Jeremy. 

"When I found the guy who poached your daughter... he wouldn't turn himself in and I shot him. It was a complete accident, but..." Andy cried.

As she let her tears fall, Jeremy wrapped both arms around her and kissed her head.

"Andy... you actually killed someone?" he said after a few seconds.

"Mm-hmm" Andy sniffled.

Jeremy smiled. "I've never been prouder of you."

Andy looked at him. "Do you mean it?"

"Of course I do" said Jeremy. 

"But I murdered someone" said Andy.

"Someone who deserved it. You saved my little one. And by killing the man, you made absolutely certain he doesn't come after her again" said Jeremy.

He took out his hanky and dried Andy's eyes with it. 

"But I feel like a murderer" said Andy.

"Please. Police officers don't get arrested for busting someone" said Jeremy.

Andy laughed a little then said "Good point. And... did you get the paint off Lucy's face?"

"Yes. I'll never stop thanking you for rescuing her. I love you, Andy" said Jeremy.

Now, Andy's tears were happy. "I love you too, Jeremy."

The two kissed each other to end the night.