Chapter 8

Meanwhile, Jill was interviewing the little girl from inside Thomas and her mother.

"This is lunacy. Tina would never steal a train. I don't even know how she'd get in one" said her mother.

"Ma'am, we found her behind its controls" said Jill.

"Who put you up to this? Tina, tell the nice officer what happened" said the girl's mother.

The girl looked at Jill hesitantly.

"I don't know. I don't remember."

"Luv, are you sure? The sergeant must know. Do you remember where you found the train?" said Jill.

Tina shook her head no. 

Jill sighed. "Mrs Reddick, ma'am... perhaps your husband would.."

"My husband is gone. It's just the two of us. Alone" said Tina's mother.

"Hmm. Well, how old are you, Tina?" said Jill.

Tina held up seven fingers.

"You're seven years old?"

Tina nodded.

Jill nodded back. "Thank you."

She left the room, took out her flip-phone and called Sam.

"Yeah?" said Sam on the other side.

"Sam, the girl doesn't remember why she stole the train. But I have her information. Tina Reddick, seven years old, only lives with her mum" said Jill.

"Why is a seven-year-old driving a train?" said Sam with shock.

"I don't know. She doesn't either" said Jill. 

"Don't worry about it. The Warriors are on the case. Goodbye" said Sam hanging up.

The Warriors discussed what they heard on the way up to Chad's apartment.

"This doesn't make any sense. A seven-year-old driving a train?" said Calvin.

"How would it make sense?" said Charles Wallace.

"It wouldn't. But now you definitely have to rescind the idea of that girl being Kristen of Lucy" said Calvin.

"Well, if I know you, Calvin, you might know what it's like to be her" said Sam.

"Me? I understand the single parent thing, but the rest?" said Calvin.

"What? You never rebelled?" said Charles Wallace.

"Of course I rebelled. But I never stole a train" said Calvin.

"Well, maybe young Tina was using him to run away from something" said Sam.