4

ouuuu shit chapter #4 🫶🏽

Playing games

The four of you walked inside the laser tag entry room with a few more random people. You looked at the guns and the gear that came with it, excited for the thrilling challenge.

It was late in the afternoon and you were saved by Sasha who invited you out to hang. You were tired of sitting in the house and tired of hearing your mom's annoying sobs when she got into another fight with dad.

You didn't really tell anyone about your home life, not that it was embarrassing you just liked keeping it private and didn't wanna be constantly reminded of it. Yea, my mom and dad are still together but are on the verge of getting a divorce because they don't love one another anymore.

Like who cares, move on.

But that's not the honest truth. Dad cheated on mom right into your sophomore year, and their relationship payed a hefty price for his mistake. You can't even stand looking him in the eye anymore, being around him disgusted you. And you didn't know why, and you didn't really care, but they're still fighting to hold on.

"I'm definitely winning this whole thing just letting y'all know." Jean said cockily, looking at the laser guns which was somehow boosting his ego. He had a big smile on his face, you could tell he was excited.

"Jean, the last time we played laser tag you cried because you got lost in the arena." Sasha recalled laughing and Jean rolled his eyes "that was almost 4 years ago." He rebutted trying to make the situation seem better than what it was.

"Key word: almost" Connie chimed in standing by your side and you snickered at Jean.

The instructions popped up on the big screen in the room so everyone knew what to do. You and Sasha were on the blue team and Connie and Jean were on the red team.

All of you already had on your tactical vest and  loaded laser guns in hands. Both teams gave each other tips and tricks on how to get the upper hand and win.

"So I heard from that guy," Sasha pointed to one of the players on our team "if you get to upper ground you have the advantage cause you can see everything."

"We should both get up there quickly then."

Laughter could be heard across the room and you turned your head to see Jean and Connie talking about something. Their voices were hushed purposefully obviously not wanting everyone in their business.

You stared at Connie and his small tattoo on his neck. A roman numeral date behind his left ear with half a butterfly wing beside it. His signature diamond stud earrings were worn and you could catch full glimpses of his face without his hat on.

Did he always look this good? You saw his teeth as he smiled and you could feel your stomach hurting. He looked so good it physically made you sick.