Chapter 2: Questions

(Edwin switched to Kodwin now)

Kodwin arrived at Bowser's kingdom around lunchtime that day. Bowser put him into a box, in order to hide him, and took him inside. The koopalings were eating in the dining room like usual. They were also doing what they usually did during lunch. Morton and Roy were battling at one of their many video games while eating, Wendy was working on painting her claws, and Ludwig was reading the new sheet music for his violin. Then of course, there was Iggy, Lemmy, and Larry. Iggy was explaining his plans for a new invention he wanted to make to his two younger brothers. This invention was going to allow him to fly just like the winged koopas. The three of them idolized the flying koopas due to how cool they thought it would be to fly. As he finished explaining his ideas to his brothers, they spotted Bowser walking past with the box. Bowser saw them looking over.

"You guys can see what's in this tomorrow. It's a birthday present for the three of you." Bowser said as he continued walking.

"But tomorrow we leave for Camp Koopa for the first two weeks of summer." Larry commented as he got up following Bowser. Iggy and Lemmy followed as well.

"Yeah, there will be no time to open it tomorrow." Lemmy stated.

"I thought you guys didn't want to go to Camp Koopa. Did you change your minds?" Bowser questioned.

"No! Of course not. We don't want to go, but you told us we had to." Iggy replied. Bowser shrugged.

"You'll get to see what's in this tomorrow." He repeated as he walked into his room, closing the door. The three koopaings looked at each other and shrugged. They walked off to go find Kamek and bother him like normal. Bowser set down the box on the ground and opened it. Kodwin hopped out and smiled up at Bowser.

"They'll never suspect that I was in the box." He said.

"Nope, and you won't be in the box tomorrow morning." Bowser replied.

"No?" Kodwin inquired.

"Nope. You remember their favorite breakfast you used to make them?" Bowser asked.

"Of course! Belgian waffles with sugar glazed strawberries, whipped cream, boysenberry syrup, and powdered sugar. Their sides are sausage links for Iggy and bacon for Larry and Lemmy. Iggy also gets avocado slices on the side." Kodwin responded.

"Exactly. What about their drinks?" Bowser questioned.

"Larry likes orange juice, Lemmy likes apple juice, and Iggy likes hot chocolate with vanilla syrup, whipped cream, and marshmallows." Kodwin answered.

"Bingo. Tomorrow you'll be making that breakfast for them. You'll wake up earlier than them and I'll disable their alarm clocks. The other kids will be leaving for Camp Koopa, but those three won't. I'll wake them up when you finish making them their breakfast tomorrow and you'll surprise them by being there in the kitchen. Or, if you'd rather, you can go in and wake them up while I work on finishing making their breakfast and see how long it takes them to notice it's you. They're pretty oblivious when they first wake up." Bowser explained.

"You're a genius big bro." Kodwin stated, smiling widely.

- Timeskip to the Next Morning -

Kodwin got up early from Bowser waking him up and he went out to the kitchen to start working on making breakfast for his nephews and niece that were going to be leaving for camp first. The kids walked out and were shocked to see Edwin.

"Uncle Kodwin?" Morton asked.

"No one told us you were coming to visit!" Roy exclaimed.

"Really? You're here while we're gonna be gone?" Ludwig asked.

"No fair." Wendy muttered.

"Ah don't worry guys, I'll be hanging out with you when you get back. I just came early to make sure I was here for Iggy, Larry, and Lemmy's birthdays." Kodwin stated as he served the kids waffles.

"YOU MADE WAFFLES?!" Ludwig exclaimed.

"I LOVE WAFFLES!" Roy shouted. Kodwin laughed a little as his nephews and niece went to town on eating there waffles. After finishing their breakfast they all talked with Kodwin for a bit before their time to leave. They all grabbed their bags.

"Bye Uncle Kodwin!" Wendy shouted.

"See you in a couple weeks!" Morton exclaimed.

"Bye guys!" Kodwin called out as he waved. Ludwig, Wendy, Morton, and Roy waved before running out the door. Kodwin smiled a bit to himself and continued to work on breakfast for his three favorite nephews.

(Kodwin really be choosing his favorites over here)