Chapter 5: Experiment Gone Wrong

Iggy was in his lab for hours. Kodwin had gone and made dinner and Iggy didn't even eat. He was too fixated on what he was working on. About two hours after dinner Kodwin walked into Iggy's lab.

"Bud, its time for bed. You've been in here for hours." Kodwin stated, leaning on the door frame.

"I'm working on my greatest invention yet! It's almost done I promise." Iggy replied not even bothering to look at his uncle. Kodwin sighed.

"Iggster, we gotta get up early tomorrow to make it to Koopa Cove." Kodwin said.

"Five more minutes, I promise." Iggy begged looking at his uncle this time, giving him the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, five more minutes." Kodwin relented. Iggy smiled and continued working as Kodwin went and made sure Lemmy and Larry were getting ready for bed. After five minutes Iggy walked in covered in ash. Kodwin looked over and stared.

"So... it exploded..." Iggy stated.

"What were you trying to make?" Kodwin questioned.

"Wings, so I could be like the flying koopas." Iggy replied."You dont have wings?" Kodwin asked.

"No, and you don't either." Iggy responded. Kodwin unfolded his wings looking at Iggy confused. Iggy, Larry, and Lemmy stared at Kodwin.

"YOU HAVE WINGS?!" They all questioned in unison before begging for Kodwin to fly around giving them piggy back rides. Kodwin laughed a little bit looking at his nephews.

"Alright alright hold on." Kodwin called for Kamek. Kamek appeared.

"You called, young sire?" Kamek asked.

"Yes I did. Could you use your magic to make me a bit bigger so I can fly these three around the castle before bed?" Kodwin asked.

"As you wish, young sire." Kamek said. Then he aimed his wand and made Kodwin big enough to carry the three koopalings on his back. Kodwin laid down so the three could climb on and once they did Kodwin took a running start and flew up into the air with his nephews laughing and yelling in excitement. He flew through the halls of the castle, around the throne room, up into the tallest towers, out the main doors and around the castle, back into the castle going up and down the halls a couple more times before landing back inside his nephew's room. He laid down and his nephews got off. Kamek returned Kodwin to his normal size and vanished.

"That was awesome!!" Lemmy exclaimed.

"Can we do that again, like when we get back from Koopa Cove?" Larry asked.

"Yeah yeah yeah again again!!" Iggy shouted. Kodwin laughed a bit at his nephew's excitement.

"Alright alright how about this. When we get back that can be part of your nightly routine until I return to the Mushroom Kingdom, alright?" Kodwin asked. Lemmy and Larry jumped around in excitement. Iggy's smiled faded.

"Right right... you don't live here.." He said a bit sadly. Kodwin smiled softly. He put Larry up on his top bunk and put Lemmy in the bottom one, but stopped Iggy from getting into bed. Iggy looked at him confused.

"You're sleeping over here with me." Kodwin stated carrying Iggy over to the bed in the room. He laid Iggy down and then turned off the light in the room, turning on their nightlight. Then he laid down with Iggy and then covered himself and Iggy with the blankets. Then he hugged Iggy and held him close. Iggy snuggled into Kodwin's embrace.

"You're safe Iggy. As long as I'm around nothing's gonna hurt you. I promise." Kodwin comforted softly. Iggy stayed silent but Kodwin heard him make a purring like sound as Iggy closed his eyes. Kodwin smiled and closed his eyes too. They all drifted off to sleep, excited for the next day.