Fencing and Gargoyles

3rd person

"Since when were you good at fencing?" Xavier asked (Y/N) as they took a water break.

"Maybe you just got worse," (Y/N) teased. Xavier rolled his eyes and lightly shoved her shoulder.

The two friends' attentions were then focused on the door when it opened, revealing Wednesday in his all black fencing gear.

'Well he certainly likes to make a dramatic entrance,' (Y/N) thought, rolling her eyes. She still couldn't help thinking about how it suited him. 

"Coach, coach! She tripped me!" Rowan said from his place on the ground, pointing an accusatory finger at Bianca.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan," the coach told him.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck so much. Seriously coach, when am I going to get some real competition? Anyone else want to challenge me?" Bianca taunted. 

"I do."

All heads turned back to Wednesday as he walked up to the fencing mat. Almost nobody challenged Bianca. Especially new kids.

"You must be the psychopath they let in," Bianca responded with a smirk.

"And you must be the self-appointed Queen Bee. Funny thing about bees, pull out their stinger and they drop dead."

(Y/N) let out a small snort, making Bianca glare at her.

"If I were you, I wouldn't snicker, half-a-witch," she sneered. 

"Why wouldn't I snicker? I'm about to watch you get taken down a peg," (Y/N) replied cheekily. 

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his aid. He's not helpless, he's lazy. And a word of advice, don't hang around (Y/N). She talks to plants like a crazy person," Bianca said, throwing another smirk at the plant loving witch.

"I find them to be better company than people like you," she sassed.

"Are we doing this or not?" Wednesday asked, frankly tired of Bianca insulting his new acquaintance. Not friend quite yet but getting there.

After pulling their masks on, the two began to fight. So far this was the longest fight anyone had had with Bianca. Wednesday ended the first round by dropping to his knees and hitting her in the chest with the fencing saber.

"Point Wednesday!" the coach called.

The two started the next round almost immediately. Bianca seemed fueled by pure rage now, not liking that she was bested by the new guy. The second round seemed to go by faster with Bianca getting the point. Both removed their masks. Wednesday held his usual scowl while Bianca held a triumphant smirk. 

"That first point was clearly beginner's luck. Let's finish this," Bianca said as the two circled each other for a moment like predatory sharks.

"For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge. No masks. No tips. Winner draws first blood."

The whole room 'ooh'd at the statement. While (Y/N) didn't like Bianca all that much, she didn't want anyone getting hurt. 

"It's your decision Bianca," the coach told her.

"Let's see if you bleed in black and white," Bianca said, throwing her mask to the side.

And just like that, the fight began. Both seemed more cautious yet still fought with ferocity, wanting to avoid being nicked by the sabers. (Y/N) had her fingers crossed that whoever lost only walked away with a minor cut instead of a more serious injury.