7 - Sibling Day Out

Lydia's POV

It had been a week since the incident on the beach. You know... the head on shoulder, almost kiss and then fight over me... incident on the beach.

And Hero had barely said a word to me.

We shared the occasional glance from across the room but that was mostly it, and even then he'd be the first to look away.

*What did I do wrong?* I constantly thought to myself.

I'd even convinced myself that I'd made the whole thing up at one point; possibly dreamt it.

*Fuck. This was hurting me*

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by Archie. "Cmon we're having a sibling day out, my treat". He exclaimed excitedly.

*Hmmm, could be fun.* I pondered. "Alright, let me get dressed and I'll meet u down here" I replied.

 "Alright, let me get dressed and I'll meet u down here" I replied

(Outfit pictured above)

I paired it with some white wedgies, and a white over the shoulder hand bag, lightly curled the ends of my long auburn hair and did some light makeup...

"Right I'm ready" I said as I made my way down the stairs

Hero's POV

*Fuck. She looks stunning* I thought to myself as she stood at the bottom of the stairs. She was perfect, in every way.

I almost didn't notice that I was staring at her.

"Um sorry excuse me" she said as she brushed past me to get her bag.

As she did, I caught the smell of her perfume from her neck which was inches away. To anyone else it would've looked like a normal, everyday situation. But I felt it in slow motion; I savoured every minute of that interaction.

Lydia's POV

"Sweet let's go" Archie replied.

"So where are we going?" I asked him.

"Was thinking maybe go for some lunch and then some shopping. I need some new summer clothes and you've always been more stylish than me. I need to look good in my single era" he laughed.

*Skip to lunch*

We laughed and joked the whole time; blasting old music and singing at the top of our lungs with the roof down is his red jeep wrangler. It felt like old times; it was nice.

However it was short lived when he began to give me one of his traditional 'dad-style' lectures...

"On a serious note, what's going on with you?" He paused. "I come back and you're a whole new person."

"Nothings going on, I'm better now. I'm going out... meeting new people... have fun..." I trailed on. "You should be happy."

"To me this isn't you getting better, this is you punishing yourself." He casually said as he scoffed down a mouthful of his burger.

*Ouch... was he right?*

"I'm discovering my confidence. Granted I'm doing it in a messy way but I do everything in a messy way, give me time" I responded.

"Alright, alright, I trust you know what you're doing. You're all grown up now, you make your own decisions" he said maturely. I liked this side to Archie. He wasn't trying to be dad, he was being my brother.

*Skip to Shopping*

"Oh cmon that's cute, it matches the trainers we bought earlier" I said, holding up a grey polo shirt.

"Fine put it in the basket" he laughed. "What about this?"

"Yeah I like that" I said back. *This is fun* was all I was thinking the whole time. I needed it after everything that had happened.

But that's when I saw him... with her.

Hero's POV

I needed to get out of the house and forget about that little interaction in the kitchen. So I stupidly called an old friend to see if she was in town.

When I say an old friend, I obviously mean by toxic ex Rosie. I knew she'd be a good distraction and everyone was back for the summer so it made sense at the time.

She wanted to go shopping which again.. at the time seemed to be a good idea, until we saw her.

"Babeeee what about this dress, with these shoes?" Rosie said in her usual annoying, high pitched tone.

I didn't even bother looking at her, I'd locked eyes with Lydia, who looked distraught. "Yeah whatever" I said without breaking the eye contact.

I couldn't stop hurting her.

I needed to talk to her. So I waited until Archie had gone into the dressing rooms and I quickly pulled her into one close by. She went to scream so I placed my hand over her mouth, but her fear melted as soon as she saw it was me.

"For fucks sake Hero you scared the shit out of me" she said angrily.

I laughed "you're cute when you're angry". Wait. No. *Did I just say that out loud*

Both of our faces fell but she was clearly trying to cover a smile.

"What do you want?" She demanded.

"I needed you to know I'm not back with Rosie or anything, we're out here as friends and nothing more" I said.

She thought for a second. "Why would I care if you was getting back with Rosie?" She replied with sas. "Good for you, you know how to pick 'em" she winked jokingly.

I know her. She tells jokes to hide her feelings... or did she actually not care? She had me second guessing everything.

She went to walk out but I pulled her back in, this time we were inches apart....

"Kiss me" I said as I stared deeply into her eyes. I knew it was a risk, but I needed her...

Lydia's POV

"Kiss me" he said breathlessly.

And without a second thought... I did.

It was like something had taken control of me; I didn't hesitate.

When our lips interlocked it felt like there were fireworks. One of his hands was on my cheek and the other on my waist pulling me in.

It wasn't a gentle kiss, but a passionate one. The type of kiss that had been boiling up and was waiting to happen.

Everything id ever second-guessed or worried about faded away in an instant... I was right, he did want me...