Mental Torture

It has been only a week since we got out of the dollhouse. Ezra has been taking care of me along with my family. My mom and dad were relieved that I was alive although I wasn't well. I had been in a hospital for 3 days and I was having nightmares every night. My family was getting anxious on what might happen next so they called Ezra to stay with me. It was good to know that they finally trusted him. I know we weren't exactly in a relationship but it definitely felt like it. He stayed with me every night, never letting go of me. There was one night in particular where it was really bad...

___________________________

"Aria! It's time to eat!" I heard my mom say. I quickly ran down the stairs and sat down with my family and Ezra. It was silent. Nobody made a sound except for the occasional fork squeak. I felt Ezra grab my hand under the table and I smiled at him. Dinner went by quickly and soon it was time for my medication. Ella gave them to me and I took them all at once before heading upstairs to my room. I laid on my side facing the wall when I heard someone come in the door.

"Aria?" I heard Ezra ask softly. I didn't answer but Ezra came and laid down with me. He put his arms around my body and nuzzled his face in my shoulder.

"I still get them." I said.

"What?" He asked.

" Panic attacks." I explained. He stayed silent before I decided we needed to go to bed.

"Let's go to bed." I said turning over to see his face. His face was streaked with tears.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him while wiping his tears away.

"This isn't fair. You shouldn't be going through this. It's my fault for not finding you sooner." He sniffed.

"Oh no. It's not your fault. You just didn't know where to look, but you eventually found me. I was so grateful. I didn't know how much I could stand it anymore." I comforted him. He smiled and gave me a kiss.

"Let's go to bed." He said before turning off the lamp on my bedside table. He put his arms around me and I fell into a deep sleep.

___________________________

I woke up screaming into the darkness and immediately Ezra turned the light on.

"Aria, calm down!" He said. I screamed again with tears running down my face.

"Shhh, you're okay, you're safe." He whispered in my ear. I calmed down fast once he rubbed my back.

" Sorry I woke you up." I panted.

"No, its fine. Try to go back to sleep." He said. I laid down facing him and kissed him softly before drifting off again. Only when Ezra was with me, the mental torture went away and I was finally free.

__________________________________

Thanks for reading guys! Some of you asked for me to write something about Andrew and Ezra fighting so I will along with Aria being in Ezra's apartment!

-Katie