Chapter XI

Mirana's POV~

It was now 2 weeks after graduation. James was still at the house because his manager gave him an extra 2 months to prepare for everything that was going to go down. Apparently, he's going to start recording more albums, so he has to get the next year in order before he returns.

I, on the other hand, am super weird around Matt. He apparently didn't go to college like he said and stayed in San Diego to work at a mechanics shop with his dad. He claims that he was doing it to keep his families business alive, but I think he just didn't want to go to the same college as me.

"Good morning, Mirana." A still sleepy Brett said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, good morning." I said in return, pulling up a chair for him. "Someone looks like he had a fun time last night." I said, snickering.

"Haha, very funny, I did have a great time last night, thank you very much, Mirana." He said, eating avocado toast.

"You know our moms won't like that you stayed in James' room last night, right." I said, still trying not to laugh at his comment.

"Yeah, I know that's why your mom's aren't going to find out right." He asked me, looking dead into my eyes.

"Fine, I won't tell, but you need to do something for me." I said, crossing my arms.

"Ok, fine, what is it?" He asked

"You can't let my brother break up with you again." I said.

"I can't say that he won't, but I don't even know what we are." He said, shrugging.

"He can't do it again." I said, taking Brett's hand in mine.

"Why?" He said, squeezing my hand.

"He seemed heartbroken after he did what he did to you." I said. "He seems happier now that you guys have been doing stuff." I said, taking his other hand.

"He is happier, but the problems lie within the music industry altogether." He said, pulling his hands away.

"Yeah, you're not wrong. The reason he broke up with you in the first place was because some rich and snobby jerks didn't like two guys in a relationship." I said, raising my voice.

"Yeah, James told me that the fans wouldn't like it either because he already had a previous life prior to the new one he was starting as a pop star." Brett said, getting up from the chair. "Well, I better go before James wakes up. He's not a very good morning person." He said as he turned to leave the kitchen.

Brett went back upstairs to see James. I suddenly heard a ring at the door shortly after. I opened the door to find Jessica standing helplessly at the door. She looked like crap and could barely stand. She then collapsed onto the floor, and her head was thankfully caught by me.

I carried her to the couch and called for Mama. I remembered that Mama was working, and so was Mom. I kind of had to figure it out on my own. Scarlet came rushing into the room after I had called for Mama. She must have heard me and came to help with whatever was needed.

"What's going on?" Scarlet asked, looking at the now limp Jessica on the couch.

"She rang the door bell, when I went to open the door, she fell into the house." I said, putting a hot towel on her head. "Could you help her with one of your mystical powers?" I asked, waving my arms around while I said mystical.

"I don't know, I may have gained more abilities in 5 years, but that doesn't mean that I am a master of them now." She said.

"Well, could you still try?" I asked, looking at Jessica with worry.