Chapter XXXVII

*two months later*

No one's POV~

"Hey, at least you're getting it now," Amara said, breaking yet another bone in Brett's body.

"What am I supposed to be getting?" Brett asked in pain.

"You heal easily, you have to learn not to hurt," Amara said, getting off of his leg. The very same leg that she broke.

"How am I supposed to do that?" He asked.

"You have the control, and the ability to fight hunters, the next step in your training is learning how to heal, but not hurt," Yuna said, shooting an arrow into Brett's chest.

"What if I don't want to?" Brett asked, pulling the arrow out.

"Well, you don't get a choice now," Amara said, smiling over to Yuna.

"We'll stop here for today," Yuna said, putting the bow in the bag.

"I thought this training was going to take longer," James said, helping Brett up off of the ground.

"No, we decided to stop early," Yuna said, picking up the bag.

"Why?" Brett asked, grunting in pain.

"We have some things to arrange before ending your training," Amara said, walking back to the car.

"Wait, when does my training end?" Brett asked, curious.

"I don't know, that's why I said we have to figure some stuff out," Yuna said, getting into her car.

"Okay," he said, sadly. Amara got into Yuna's car and James gently put Brett in the passenger seat of his car. James got in the driver's seat and was the first to drive off. Meanwhile, Yuna and Amara have yet to leave to parking lot.

"What are you doing?" Amara asked, wanting to leave right that minute.

"What should I do?" Yuna asked, looking over at Amara.

"Leave the parking lot, that's what you should do," Amara said impatiently.

"No, that's not what I mean," Yuna said, looking back at the front of the parking lot.

"Then what do you mean, Yuna?" Amara asked.

"About Brett, he doesn't make that great of a vampire, I don't think he'll make it in the immortal world," Yuna said, putting her hands on the steering wheel.

"Hold up, you said he was doing great, was that a lie?" Amara asked, trying to get the truth out.

"I don't know, I was just saying that his human boyfriend is going to get in the crosshairs if he loses control one day," Yuna said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Are you really that worried about James?" Amara asked.

"No, I'm just worried for Scarlet, James is her brother, and she doesn't need more heartbreak."

"What do you mean by 'more'?"

"She's already lost too much, but I shouldn't say anymore, I promised her I wouldn't," Yuna started the car.

"I guess that's a little too much for one night, let's get home and sleep very well," Amara said, rubbing Yuna's shoulder.

"You're right," Yuna drove off. She parked in the parking lot by her apartment. Amara and Yuna walked up the stairs and entered Yuna's apartment.

"What are we going to do now?" Amara asked, sitting down on a chair in the kitchen.

"Here's a great idea, how about we sleep?" Yuna said, getting a blood bag out of the 'hands-off' mini fridge.

"That doesn't actually sound fun though, I just suggested it, so you would leave the parking lot," she said, crossing her legs.

"You are such a bitch, do you know that?" Yuna asked, sitting down next to Amara.

"But I'm bored, could we actually do something?" She asked.

"No, I'm going to drink this blood and go to bed."

"That's so boring, why can't we just play one game?"

"No, I want to sleep, don't you understand that."

"Maybe, maybe not," Amara said, smiling.

"I'll let you sleep in the same bed as me if you go to bed," Yuna said, finishing off her blood bag.

"Deal."

"Let's go then." They both went into Yuna's room and lay down. They both fall asleep almost immediately.

_____________

*One month later*

Scarlet's POV~

I woke up, feeling this numb feeling again. I didn't know whether I should get up or not, so I just lay there in my bed till late morning. I gathered the strength to get out of bed and go downstairs. I sat at the kitchen island, resting my head on the counter.

"Look who finally woke up," Brody said, walking out of the bathroom.

"Fuck you too," I said in a groggy tone.

"Do you want something to eat or are you just going to sit there and mope," he said. I could feel his eyes staring at me.

"No, I will just sit here and 'mope'," I said, getting in a more comfortable position.

"You know you don't have to do nothing about this situation," he said, sitting next to me.

"I don't need your advice, please just leave me alone," I said, pushing him away.

"I hate to say it, but this is a family space, you won't just be left alone," he said, getting back up. 

I lifted my head up to look at him, "You're a dick, do you know that?"

"Yeah, I know,  but we're still siblings regardless," he walked up the stairs and vanished.

"Shut the fuck up," I yelled. I lay my head back down, hearing someone come down the stairs.

"You look rough," Mirana said, grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Don't talk to me," I said, covering my ears.

"Okay, I guess you're in a bad mood too."

"Yeah, so don't talk."

"You're mean, go back to your room if you keep this sour mood up," she said, leaving the room.

"I'm not sour," I yelled.

"I still think you are," she yelled back, closer to her door. I got out of the chair and walked back up the stairs. I met James on the stairs.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just a bit tired," I said, continuing to walk.

"Just ask if you need anything," James offered.

"What about your boyfriend?" I asked.

"I'm well aware that he needs more attention now, but technically I'm your brother by adoption, so you can't stop me from taking care of you," he said, walking down the stairs.

"Thanks," I said, walking to my bedroom door. I walked in and lay back down on my bed. Why did this have to happen? Why does it hurt so much, and why am I still here?

_____________

Cliffhanger, maybe?

Word Count: 1004