Chapter XXXIX

No one's POV~

"Okay, you gonna have to get up sometime," the bartender said.

"This is where I stay," Scarlet said, raising the glass.

"No, you can't stay here, this is not your home," the bartender said.

"Why not?" Scarlet asked, burping.

"Because you have a home, and this bar isn't it," she said.

"I will, hic, make you, hic," Scarlet said, getting up.

"Not possible," she said.

"Hic, why not?" Scarlet asked.

"You're drunk as fuck," she said, helping me out the door.

"That's not fair, I'll, hic, kill, hic, you."

"I don't think you will."

"I'm gonna-."

"Shit, she passed out. Ronnie, get the taxi," the bartender said, picking up Scarlet bridal style.

"Did she get super duper drunk this time?" Ronnie asked, rushing to help.

"Yeah, you know where she lives right?" The bartender asked, getting a taxi.

"I think so, do you want me to accompany her home?" Ronnie asked.

"If it won't bother you," the bartender said, gently putting Scarlet in the back of the taxi.

"It could never, especially now," Ronnie said, getting in the other side of the taxi.

"Thanks, Ronnie," the bartender said, walking back into the bar.

*Meanwhile in the taxi*

"Where to?" The taxi driver said.

"I'll pull up the directions, just do what I say," Ronnie said, pulling up his maps app. When they arrived at Scarlet's house, she was still passed out. Ronnie got out of the taxi, going to the other side to take Scarlet out. The taxi left, and they went inside.

"Woah, what happened to her?" James asked, drinking some tea.

"She got drunk at the local bar again, could you help me?" Ronnie asked.

"Yeah, yeah, she needs to stop all of this," James said, holding her waist.

"I know, but what can we do? She won't listen to any of your family, and she certainly doesn't listen to her old friends," Ronnie said, letting go of her.

"She's going to kill herself at this rate," Brett said, helping.

"You might just want to find a solution," Ronnie said, walking to the door.

"Yeah, we'll get on that, thanks for bringing her home," James said, waving at Ronnie. Ronnie left, and Brett and James helped Scarlet up the stairs and to her room. They lay her on her bed and covered her up.

"What are we going to do about her dirty clothes?" Brett asked.

"That is a great question," James said.

"Nothing?" Brett guessed.

"Yeah, it would feel weird to undress her," James said, walking to the door.

"I'm going to get a glass of water for when she wakes up," Brett said, following James down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"Tell me if she wakes up when you go back upstairs," James said, filling a glass.

"Okay," Brett said, walking back up the stairs.

____________

James' POV~