肆 ; Accidental Revelation

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

I like Hikari and Doma's friendship. It's very endearing to me.
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

「 ☁️ 」

— "HIKARI-SAN!" A VOICE called from behind her. She whipped around to be greeted by a smiling Doma, who was somehow excited to see her.

"Hi, Doma-san." she waves. "Great to see you."

"I long for the day when you hug me first." Doma frowns jokingly, before pulling Hikari into an embrace.

For once, Hikari didn't fight against her friend, or insist on pulling away. She could definitely say she preferred Doma's hugs than anyone else's. After all, he was her best friend.

(A/N: sajdhfgdf im dying of happiness rn)

"Okay, I really do need to report back to Lord Muzan now. I'll tell you all about the day later, I promise." she laughs.

"Fine. But you better tell me everything!" Doma sighs dramatically, letting go of his friend.

"I will!" Hikari grins, before disappearing at the sound of a biwa chord.

"Nakime! Make sure she gets there okay!" the demon calls to the biwa lady above him.

"Hikari has reached her destination with no sustained injuries." Nakime said monotonously almost immediately.

"Thank you!" Doma grins before hopping off the platform.

「 ☁️ 」

As soon as she hit the floor, Hikari habitually dropped into a bow. She sensed the presence of Muzan, his aura seeming to surround her.

"Hikari." his voice echoes in her ears. She was one of the only Upper Ranks who was addressed by their name by Muzan. The others were subject to just their rank.

"You may speak, Hikari. You'd better have found something today, or I won't be impressed and your reward will get further and further away." he says lowly.

"Tanjiro Kamado. The boy I ran into at Tsuzumi Mansion." Hikari begins. "He was trialed in front of me and the Hashira earlier today, for traveling with a demon. That demon had lasted two years without consuming a human, and even turned away at the sight of human blood. Kamado vowed to kill you, after he planned to kill a Twelve Kizuki. He has strong will and is an affiliate of Sakonji Urokodaki, the previous Water Hashira before Giyu Tomioka."

"So you're saying this boy could be a threat?" Muzan questions.

"It's a very low chance, but I haven't ruled it out. He ran into you once before, and his will is indomitable. Plus, with Tomioka and Urokodaki already willing to kill themselves for this demon of his, plus Ubuyashiki letting him travel with her, it is yet to be known who else is on his side." Hikari answers, her head still down towards the floor.