二十七 ; Tainted Sorrow

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

I made a reference in this title. If you know, you know.
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

"A LOWLY DEMON DISGUISED AS A HUMAN," Sekido angrily spat. "What makes you think you can take on all of us? We are Upper Moon Four!"

"I'm aware of that," Hikari chuckled darkly. "But I'd prefer if you didn't call me 'lowly'."

"After all.." she untied her blindfold, exposing her bright red eyes whose gaze was laced with malice.

"I didn't spend a century consuming humans for no reason."

Immediately the four demons stepped back in surprise, before Sekido gritted his teeth and scowled.

"Then consider this a Blood Battle!" he exclaimed.

"So be it," Hikari said back. However, just as she was about to attack, a frantic voice called her name.

"Kyoudo-san!"

'That voice! It's Tanjiro, I'm sure of it!'

Hikari whipped her head around, noticing an approaching figure behind her. She immediately recognized them as Tanjiro, his sister soon becoming visible alongside him.

"Tanjiro-kun, don't approach!" she yelled back. "Stay away, you'll get hurt!"

Tanjiro stopped in confusion, but backed away as he was told. At that moment, Sekido raised his staff and slammed it onto the ground, casting bolts of lightning across the ruins. Hikari stumbled back but managed to fight against them, reaching for her sword and drawing it.

Leaping up, she raised her sword above her head, before shouting out.

"Breath of the Sky, sixth form, Rainstorm!"

Slashing her sword down against the air over and over again, she sent similar bolts of lightning towards all four of the emotional clones, each of them cutting their tongues and separating their heads from their necks. As they regenerated Hikari continued to throw lightning at them, eventually flying down and cutting through their bodies with her bare hands.

"Tanjiro-kun!" she yelled. "Go to a clearing in the forest, that's where they've put the main body!"

Tanjiro was spellbound by Hikari's skill, but soon quickly nodded and turned tail, beckoning Nezuko to follow him.

Meanwhile, Hikari continued to slice the emotions' bodies into pieces over and over again as they retaliated, until she leapt backwards and retrieved her sword from the ground.