十一 ; Train Wreck

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

"Enmu is a strange little dude." - Fuyuka 2023

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

—FOR HIKARI THIS WAS NO DIFFICULT TASK. The power of the Blood Demon Art would only be equivalent to the power of the demon. Therefore, it would be child's play to beat it.

She was able to keep the masses at bay, slashing through them at speed if they came near her. From below, she could hear the three Tsuguko and the demon fighting, but there was no sign of Rengoku.

'He's probably still asleep. Nothing to worry about, he'll wake up soon.'  she thought as she cut another mass down from behind. When she felt the whole train shake with lightning, she knew that was Zenitsu.

'At least the four of them are awake now. Hopefully they'll be able to fend off Lower One's Blood Demon Art until Rengoku wakes up or until I have a time window to get down there.'

Luckily, after only a few moments, she heard Rengoku's confident voice echo from the train.

"Hm. It seems a lot has gone on while I was asleep. What an ugly mess."

'Damn right.'

"If the other Hashira were here to see what I let happen... I'd be ashamed!"

'And three, two, one...'

The train was engulfed in flames as Rengoku jumped through, Hikari only just dodging them from the roof. After only a few seconds, the flames dissipated and the masses on the roof facing Hikari burnt away.

'Thank goodness. This was getting incredibly boring.'

She jumped through the already-broken window Tanjiro had smashed a few minutes ago, surveying the state of the carriage.

'Damn, a lot happened while I was on the roof.'

"What was that?! Did a demon attack?!" Tanjiro exclaimed, rolling over from the door.

"No, it was-"

Hikari was interrupted by Rengoku's sudden appearance.

"Young Kamado. Kyoudo-san." he says. "I was quite thorough with my strikes on the way here, so it should take the demon a while to recuperate. But there's still no time to waste."

"Right!" Tanjiro nods.

"This train has eight cars. I will protect the rear five. The other three will be handled by your sister, that boy in yellow, and the boar-headed lad. During all this, you will go with Kyoudo-san, and search for the demon's head." Rengoku explains.